Gersnet Forum Player of the Year 2018/19

Gersnet Forum Player of the Year 2018/19  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Rangers player of the year for season 2018/19?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/19 at 19:51

I’ve given it to Morelos. I’ve actually felt he’s been overrated by our fans at times with talk of a £20m price tag. For me he’s still a bit raw technically. However there is no arguing with 30 goals in 48 games. It’s a huge achievement and wins it for him automatically in my book. Having said that Tavernier is a very close second and I think he would actually be harder to replace than Morelos so happy for him to get it. 

28 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’ve given it to Morelos. I’ve actually felt he’s been overrated by our fans at times with talk of a £20m price tag. For me he’s still a bit raw technically. However there is no arguing with 30 goals in 48 games.

Imagine the number of goals he'd have got if he took the penalties.

41 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Imagine the number of goals he'd have got if he took the penalties.

I actually wondered if we missed a trick at times by not having him as the penalty taker. We'd have had a 40-45 goal striker on our hands.

20 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Nah, you're all wrong so far. POTY is Connor Goldson, the most under-rated player in our side. 

This is very interesting @JohnMc. I've been a little underwhelmed after the hype, there's no question he had some ropey games. However I'm starting to wonder if I've underrated him because the goals conceded record is so much better than it was. 

And hey, he's scored only 2 goals less than superstar £12m forward Ryan Kent after all. Let's see you explain that one @Gaffer ?

I think Goldson has had an excellent season by and large.

He's another player that English teams will be interested in given he's proven his well-being and quality over the course of a long, hard year.

12 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I can make an argument for McGregor, Tav, Goldson and Morelos. Anyone voting for anyone outside these 4 clearly haven’t watched us all season. 

Pull “yersel eh gether” TB, Ryan Jack makes the team tick and has been consistently good all season. To say it can’t be him is mental, we all see the game differently. I can’t say  I would vote for CG for eg.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

This is very interesting @JohnMc. I've been a little underwhelmed after the hype, there's no question he had some ropey games. However I'm starting to wonder if I've underrated him because the goals conceded record is so much better than it was. 

And hey, he's scored only 2 goals less than superstar £12m forward Ryan Kent after all. Let's see you explain that one @Gaffer ?

It's very inconvenient for me when my opinion is clearly contradicted by the facts @DMAA ?.  It's times like these when I'm going to adopt the BBC tactic of not allowing the facts to distort my deeply biased agenda in favour of Kent.  And now he's signed on loan for another season, you've got more fan boy stuff to put up with from me.

But seriously, I think I've also under rated the impact Goldson has had on the team.  Like Ryan Jack, he's another that goes about his business quietly so perhaps doesn't stand out the same as some others.

As I said at the start of this thread, isn't it just great we have so many contenders now.