Joe Worrall returns to Forest

A decent enough player, but (and I've been saying this all season, not just since he came back into the side) I see no point in developing someone else's player ahead of our own. Katic and Goldson were brilliant in the euro run, and the big yin has slotted back in again during the run in.

All the best, Joe.

• Frankie changed the title to Joe Worrall returns to Forest

Worrall couldn't win with our fans due his mistake at Killie and the fact he was keeping Katic on the bench. I think he was underrated due to those two things. He had one or two games in Europe where he definitely performed better than Goldson. Having said that, he certainly wasn't the improvement over Katic we all hoped. In hindsight he wasn't really worth the investment because he held Katic back and wasn't noticeably better than him.

His loan spell and place in the team may just have helped make Katic the player we all hope he is going to be  if his recent performances are anything to go by.

EDIT....by his i mean Katic

Edited by onevision

6 hours ago, DMAA said:

Worrall couldn't win with our fans due his mistake at Killie and the fact he was keeping Katic on the bench. I think he was underrated due to those two things. He had one or two games in Europe where he definitely performed better than Goldson. Having said that, he certainly wasn't the improvement over Katic we all hoped. In hindsight he wasn't really worth the investment because he held Katic back and wasn't noticeably better than him.

All these underrated players left us 9 points behind Septic in the league. personally I think saying they are underrated is overrated.?

Worrell wasn't considered to be in the top 4 centre-halves of a mediocre Nottingham Forest.

It was asking a lot for him to come up here and put in consistently good performances under such pressure.

What we need is consistency of performance/result which is more likely when you have a solid established partnership in the centre of defence.

Worrell was never going to be that person.

Best of luck to him for his future.