Supports Feed Back SLO/Club1872

On 27/05/2019 at 14:45, plgsarmy said:

The Club is looking to erect a 4G mast to enable fans to use their phones during matches.

Can anybody say if wi-fi access is provided at Ibrox?

I don't know why we don't sell a subscription to wi-fi instead.

17 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Would any other shareholder think that way?

A supporters group is not an ordinary shareholder. Rangers first was brought into life to hold the board to account and not to sit on their knee.

30 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can anybody say if wi-fi access is provided at Ibrox?

I think it is but it generally doesn't work.  I'd prefer the club spent the money elsewhere - wi-fi is an unnecessary luxury when you're at a football match.

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think it is but it generally doesn't work.  I'd prefer the club spent the money elsewhere - wi-fi is an unnecessary luxury when you're at a football match.

Quite. This is why I think we should charge for access.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Quite. This is why I think we should charge for access.

I am pretty sure they will make more money through advertising than the supporters paying.

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd prefer the club spent the money elsewhere - wi-fi is an unnecessary luxury when you're at a football match.

I disagree. It's the one thing I'd like to improve my matchday experience. It's good to be able to keep an eye on other teams' scores, It's good to be able to surf if I get into the ground early etc.

10 hours ago, pete said:

A supporters group is not an ordinary shareholder. Rangers first was brought into life to hold the board to account and not to sit on their knee.

Surely being able to communicate with the whole board directly during a board meeting is a more effective way to hold the board to account than for example, having meetings with the SLO or with the MD of the football board?

9 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Surely being able to communicate with the whole board directly during a board meeting is a more effective way to hold the board to account than for example, having meetings with the SLO or with the MD of the football board?

Only if it suits the board. Otherwise they are pissing against the wind. How will board secrecy work? Board meeting of 1872: Oh xxxxxx you had a meeting of the board last night what was said? I can't tell you it is a board secret. But you are on our board. Yes but I am not allowed to discuss Rangers matters.

11 hours ago, Bluedell said:

In what way can an individual board member “hold the board to account”? It seems to me that’s a fantasy that far too many fans bought into ... literally. 

Edited by Bill