17 hours ago, Scott7 said:

May is industrious and has a command of detail.

Her natural place in any organisation is number three. She should not be number two in case anything happens to the top guy because whatever her merits are, leadership is not one of them.

The list of aspirants is unexciting. Every one of them is better than Corbyn, though.

For all the stick she took and much of it was fully merited, she did have a modicum of dignity as she attempted what some may have called 'the impossible'.

Calling an election in 2017 was the beginning of her particular end.

It's sobering to think that the favourite to takeover will only speed up what is a general race to the bottom.

---------------------

When you compare the list of aspirants to Jez, I think the lense of your glasses prevents you from what I'd call objective judgement... but that is your prerogative.

Looking beyond the so called Leadership race,...I think it would be more constructive to look at this from the needs of the majority of people in the UK against what the respective parties actually offer. 

Attlee, Wilson, Brown - Corbyn doesn’t have a fraction of the ability of any one of these.

Callaghan - Corbyn doesn’t have his practicality.

Blair - well, Corbyn’s not Blair, so that’s something to be said for him.

McConnell? Better leader for Labour than Corbyn. And Long-Bailey. (That’s a name for an Australian opening batsman. “Long-Bailey, 173 not out.”)

The Tories and the SNP are both a bit of a shambles just now, so it speaks volumes about Corbyn's Labour Party that they're not capitalising on this and early predictions suggest they've done very poorly at the European elections.

They correctly call out the Euro-split in the Tories but should now be realising the exact same split is a huge problem they have to face.  The Labour split is more between party members and the Labour voting public though.  The Brexit Party will wallop them in the Labour heartlands and they only have themselves to blame.

The next Prime Minister will be whoever the BBC decides will be the next Prime Minister because that is the role of the BBC, to tell the public what to think and how to act. 

I read a Guardian article today about the failings of the BBC.  That lady who said, "I'm literally a Communist" and Caroline Lucas were two of those commenting and apparently the BBC is too white, metropolitan and middle class (definitely true, to some extent).  And they have given Brexiteers far too much say (how dare they!).

Edited by Gonzo79

11 hours ago, Bill said:

The next Prime Minister will be whoever the BBC decides will be the next Prime Minister because that is the role of the BBC, to tell the public what to think and how to act. 

I'd agree to a certain extent.

That they at least push subtle and sometimes not so subtle messages that come from the 'establishment'.

Sometimes the messaging is more to do with who they don't want #Jez