Cricket World Cup

Starts this morning let's hope for good weather and plenty of tip top cricket from all teams participating I was just thinking I wonder if some team might surpass a score of 500 with all the aggressive batsmen we have now I wouldn't be surprised but it's the Oval this morning and I will be watching as much of it as possible  .

Windies scored 421 in a warm-up game the other day and Chris Gayle only made a modest contribution.

There will be at least one game when they fire and put together a huge total or make some incredible run chase.

I remember the build-up to the Rugby WC in England and how the hosts fell flat on their faces in the group stage.

This time they are favourites and the pressure is really on them to go and win it.

edit / prediction of 4 semi-finalists

India

Australia

England

Windies

Edited by buster.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

prediction of 4 semi-finalists

India

Australia

England

Windies

Any cricket tournament you start with Australia and India That leaves two places for England and West Indies and New Zealand. NZ can never be discounted in any sport so I think they will make it. 

I’m persuaded by buster’s face-falling theory so fourth semi finalist is WI.

• Rousseau changed the title to Cricket World Cup
4 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Any cricket tournament you start with Australia and India That leaves two places for England and West Indies and New Zealand. NZ can never be discounted in any sport so I think they will make it. 

I’m persuaded by buster’s face-falling theory so fourth semi finalist is WI.

I can't see England not making it to the semi-finals and it'll be then that the real pressure kick's in and players need to stand up and do the business.

Do England go hammer & tongs early doors or play it relatively cagey ?.... Batting line-up is decent

• Jason Roy
  • Jonny Bairstow
  • Joe Root
  • Eoin Morgan(c)
  • Jos Buttler(wk)
  • Ben Stokes
  • Moeen Ali
  • Chris Woakes

Edited by buster.

With the power and depth of that line-up, as well as the occasion, I reckon England will play to the conditions initially, before opening up once they are in.

With Bairstow and Roy, that'll be from the 2nd over I reckon!