Drinks company deal

16 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I know we have posters on this forum who have lived and worked in Holland for numerous years, how is the drink, 'osonyq' pronounced?

A potential big score in scrabble.

It is spelt "Osonyq", but it is pronounced "Ginger". 

5 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

It is spelt "Osonyq", but it is pronounced "Ginger". 

In deepest, darkest Lanarkshire, we drank aerated waters. Roberstsons of Springwell being our purveyors of choice.

Qu'est-ce que c'est 'Ginger'?

I suspect this is one of those Jum Spence shagging a Lama in Lochee things?

"Ginger": the generic name for mineral waters and similar soft drinks, however flavoured.; alternatively, "skoosh". I even heard,  once, the term "glug", applied, but regarded that as some imported aberration. 

Famously, at the High Court in Glasgow, an Edinburgh silk, questioned a witness in a serious assault trial. The case involved a stabbing, in the living room of a flat in Easterhouse, and the witness advised that she had not seen the assault, as she had retired to her bedroom with crisps and ginger. The QC, clearly worried by what he thought a new turn in the evidence, asked the girl,

"And pray, Miss, who is this fellow Crispin Ginger?"

The old ones are the best 

We just called it juice where I'm from.  Or fizzy juice if we had a moment to spare.  I remember folk mentioning 'ginger' when I was at Rangers games and wondering what the Hell they were on about.

I used to laugh at my English cousin for calling it 'pop'.

6 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I know we have posters on this forum who have lived and worked in Holland for numerous years, how is the drink, 'osonyq' pronounced?

A potential big score in scrabble.

Okay i have never heard of the drink before today. When i played football it was Tea filled with masses of sugar. You all know from the podcast I am great at pronunciations so I will give this a go. I would say as there is a hyphen after the O it would be O as in Oh, Son as in Don and yq as in (h)ik. Oh'sonik. I could of course be wrong.9_9 Ps after editing that is the pronunciation.

https://www.osonyq.com/

Staunch!!!!

14 hours ago, Uilleam said:

"Ginger": the generic name for mineral waters and similar soft drinks, however flavoured.; alternatively, "skoosh". I even heard,  once, the term "glug", applied, but regarded that as some imported aberration. 

Famously, at the High Court in Glasgow, an Edinburgh silk, questioned a witness in a serious assault trial. The case involved a stabbing, in the living room of a flat in Easterhouse, and the witness advised that she had not seen the assault, as she had retired to her bedroom with crisps and ginger. The QC, clearly worried by what he thought a new turn in the evidence, asked the girl,

"And pray, Miss, who is this fellow Crispin Ginger?"

The old ones are the best 

Not quite.

In the High Court in Edinburgh, learned Embra toff, prosecuting, to Glesca keelie witness:

”What did the accused do next?”

Witness: “ He went for chips and ginger.”

Learned toff: “Who are Chips and Ginger?”

Learned judge: “The accused is not charged with assaulting these persons.”

Defence counsel (also a Glesca keelie) “ He means the accused went tae the chip shoap furra fish supper an’ lemonade.”

That’s the one Len Murray tells. I doubt it myself. No Glaswegian, not even counsel, knows a posh word like lemonade.