The Donald and the Hysterical Left

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I believe it is now traditional for political interests to weaponize anti-semitism.

Saunders/Democrats starting to get similar treatment. 

That doesn't say it doesn't happen, it is to say that those who do weaponize it are dishonouring the Jewish victims of atrocities.

See post #134

You're comfortable with both anti-semitisim and anti-semites, we get that.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

You got your wires crossed and posted me a quote from an SNP politician.

Then unsuccessfully tried the 'anti-Trump line.

You now can't keep on the NHS issue that you had touched upon if Russell quote.

What's next ?

Venezuela 2

Never seen you struggle so badly, Forlan.

I didn't get any wires crossed I merely pointed out the rampant hypocrisy of the Trump = evil personified brigade.

Can you direct me towards my 

IIRC you yourself called Trump an idiot or words to that effect. 

As in.....'he's an idiot but........'

remarks as your recollections seem to be better than mine.

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Nye Bevan, Herbert Morrison, Emmanuel Shinwell. No myth, I’m afraid. All too real. Poor old Attlee must have despaired at times. 

Then came the paymasters, Frank Cousins, Albert Scanlon, Jack Jones.

If young buster had been around at the time he might like traditional Labour less.

Scott, last time you told me about what happened in those times (on this thread) re. NHS start-up/Political Consensus, you  hadn't read my post (properly) in which I had made the point that you were at pains to point out to me.

I replied but didn't hear back from you.

Forlan did reply to that post and here we all end up :D

4 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

See post #134

You're comfortable with both anti-semitisim and anti-semites, we get that. 

Pathetic 

Remember what you said about the Israeli secret services not doing their job if they weren't on Corbyn's case .

5 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I didn't get any wires crossed I merely pointed out the rampant hypocrisy of the Trump = evil personified brigade. 

You did when you sent me the Russell/SNP quote.

5 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Can you direct me towards my 

remarks as your recollections seem to be better than mine.

I'd have to go looking but as I said, IIRC it was in a conversation that went along the lines of you saying that Trump may be a idiot or similar term BUT then going after how he was being attacked, pointing out hypocrisy re.Obama, etc

I pretty much agreed with you.

I think I read it well enough. The principal subject of your verb is the Labour Party. An implication there, is there not, that the LP had this wizard wheeze and everyone else followed on?

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I think I read it well enough. The principal subject of your verb is the Labour Party. An implication there, is there not, that the LP had this wizard wheeze and everyone else followed on?

Look at the post below where you quoted me and picked me up for something I had plainly pointed out.
My 2 line quote is in italics at the top
You start with 'The Beveridge......

No biggy, but now you are back for more , here it is

On 05/06/2019 at 15:17, Scott7 said:

From buster above:

Post 2nd World War saw the Labour Party and a political consensus recognise that returning veterans and the more vulnerable in society deserved basic welfare protection and a National Health Service.“ 

The Beveridge Report on which the modern welfare state is based was commissioned by the wartime coalition and mostly implemented post-war by Mr Attlee’s Labour government. I can’t imagine any other government would have been allowed not to so it’s not entirely Labour’s baby.

As all fighters against neo-liberal, corporate fascists know, every Conservative voter is imbued with the passionate desire to dismantle the NHS. That’s why the fellow-travelling lefty, Mrs Thatcher,  got binned. By failing to do so she betrayed her constituency.

24 hours to save the NHS?  Remind me. How long ago was that?

I'm off.............

Edited by buster.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Pathetic 

Remember what you said about the Israeli secret services not doing their job if they weren't on Corbyn's case .

But not untrue.

Of course I remember however Mossad can't fire that particular gun if Corbyn & Co don't supply them with the ammunition.

You did when you sent me the Russell/SNP quote.

No I didn't I just exposed the hypocrisy, Trump at least has the defence that he didn't know what the f*&k he was talking about while you're fellow anti-Trumper Russell most certainly did.

I'd have to go looking but as I said, IIRC it was in a conversation that went along the lines of you saying that Trump may be a idiot or similar term BUT then going after how he was being attacked, pointing out hypocrisy re.Obama, etc

I pretty much agreed with you.

I'm not denying that I may have said that but I certainly can't recall it though not in a traditional Labour Party Richard Burgon type of way.

Edited by forlanssister

15 hours ago, forlanssister said:

But not untrue.

Of course I remember however Mossad can't fire that particular gun if Corbyn & Co don't supply them with the ammunition. 

Why would Mossad and/or the relevant agency need to get involved ?

#Subvert #Exaggerate #Target

Why is the same happening in the US ?

Because they want to undermine Saunders slim chance of  the Presidency as it wouldn't be in their interests.

As per Corbyn in the UK.....whatever you think of the individual, It's interference with  our political system and goes beyond lobbying.

No I didn't I just exposed the hypocrisy, Trump at least has the defence that he didn't know what the f*&k he was talking about while you're fellow anti-Trumper Russell most certainly did.

Sorry FS, but......

1. You should have directed your Russell quote to someone who actually supported the SNP or had pointed towards them as being positive for the NHS.

I had expressly named another party wrt protecting the NHS.

2. Your fall-back "anti-Trumpers" line designed as a catch-all doesn't really apply to me either. 

I'd said that the Left were mistaken on how they target/protest against Trump and that many of the major problems he brings are hard-wired into US economic and foreign policy.

That isn't to say I don't recognise Trump, the individual,  as a particular kind of dangerous idiot.....but if I were to wave a placard of political protest, it wouldn't be directed towards Trump.

Own your mistake and move-on.

I'm not denying that I may have said that but I certainly can't recall it though not in a traditional Labour Party Richard Burgon type of way.

Which brings us to your non-denial of calling Trump an Idiot but....

I can't believe some of the rubbish I've read on here, especially about the NHS. It's far from perfect, largely due to the reduction in year-on-year expenditure from successive governments but any attempt to privatise it (and it is already happening) completely will be nothing but THEFT. Your taxes and mine have sustained it and the only reason some want it privatised is to hand power over to the big drug companies. My wife already can't get a drug she needs because it is too expensive for the NHS. What the hell will it be like with full privatisation? Insurance? Don't make me laugh; in the US the cheapest average insurance is about 300 dollars per month. Something like 30 million Americans have no healthcare at all.

9 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I can't believe some of the rubbish I've read on here, especially about the NHS. It's far from perfect, largely due to the reduction in year-on-year expenditure from successive governments but any attempt to privatise it (and it is already happening) completely will be nothing but THEFT. Your taxes and mine have sustained it and the only reason some want it privatised is to hand power over to the big drug companies. My wife already can't get a drug she needs because it is too expensive for the NHS. What the hell will it be like with full privatisation? Insurance? Don't make me laugh; in the US the cheapest average insurance is about 300 dollars per month. Something like 30 million Americans have no healthcare at all.

Hear, hear