Yes, and she was with us from u15s to 17s and even played for the then Rangers Ladies.

Was snapped up by Glasgow City (in their typical Rangers- and Celtic-like "snatch all Scottish talent"-manner ... and then left for Chelsea. One of the finest talents Scotland has.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/tag/erin-cuthbert/

2fbfb08deecedda2514cc04e876e932d.jpg

Video: Schoolgirl footballer is dubbed Little Miss Messi after hitting a wonder goal in a cup game

TALENTED 15-year-old Erin Cuthbert’s super strike for Rangers Girls is voted the best in Scottish youth football.

Erin-Cuthbert.jpg

SCHOOLGIRL Erin Cuthbert has been dubbed Little Miss Messi after hitting a wonder goal in a cup game.

In a summer of World Cup super strikes, the 15-year-old’s goal for Rangers Girls under-17s against Hibs has been voted the best in Scottish youth football.

Video of her incredible exploits – dribbling past a string of defenders before casually rolling the ball into the back of the net – has been a big hit online.

Now Erin, of Irvine, Ayrshire has been handed Youth Football Scotland’s Jamie Skinner Award, in memory of the tragic Hearts teenager who collapsed on the pitch and died last year.

Erin – who plays for Scotland at under-17 level – said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to win this award.

“It was 0-0 at the time and Hibs were all over us so when I got the ball 30 yards out I thought I’d try to make something happen.

“I nearly lost the ball on the edge of the box and when I finally did get a sight of goal, I thought about smashing it but ended up using the outside of my right foot instead.

“I had a mini-panic because it looked like it was going to miss but it hit the post and went in.”

Midfield ace Erin – a pupil at Greenwood Academy in Irvine – is a huge fan of Argentina star Messi.

Her dream is to follow the likes of Kim Little and Julie Fleeting into a career in football.

She said: “It’s always been my dream to be a professional footballer. There are no full-time ladies club in Britain at the moment so I’ll go to Spain, Germany, anywhere.

“I still come up against people who say I can’t be much good because I’m a girl and women’s football’s easy but it just makes me even more determined to reach my goal.”

Her parents Stephen and Jacqueline regularly travel to watch Erin play with Rangers’ senior ladies’ side and Scotland under-17s.

Stephen, 51, who won a schoolboy cap for Northern Ireland, said: “When she was little, I took her dancing because I thought that’s what girls wanted to do.

“She wasn’t interested so I started kicking a ball about with her and she was doing keepy-uppies in no time.

“She played in boys’ teams as she grew up – that toughened her up – then she signed for Rangers three years ago.”

Robert Wilson, of Youth Football Scotland, added: “Erin’s goal was a worthy winner and a fitting tribute to the memory of Jamie Skinner.

“People said at the time it was like watching Messi – the way she runs at players, drops her shoulder and the casual finish.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/video-schoolgirl-football-star-dubbed-3819116

Now at Chelsea ...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/women/erin-cuthbert?pageTab=biography

Edited by der Berliner

I see that hard on the stiletto heels of a loss to ENG's Lionesses, our lassies have lost to Japan's Ladies, by 2 goals to 1. 

Following in the ignominious footsteps of the men, it seems. 

I knew that the campaign would not go well when the authorities banned the squad's wives and girlfriends from the camp. 

I never thought I'd say this but I hope Argentina beat Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48440449

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been giving Shelley Kerr tips on how to deal with life in the spotlight, the Scotland head coach has revealed.

Kerr has led her side to a first World Cup finals, where they have lost to England and Japan.

Sturgeon is patron of the women's national team, something Kerr says she takes "very seriously".

"She was really forthcoming and I wanted to tap into her leadership skills," she told BBC Scotland.

"It was fantastic to sit down and tap into her knowledge and experience as being the country's ultimate leader."

Edited by Gonzo79

51 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I never thought I'd say this but I hope Argentina beat Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48440449

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been giving Shelley Kerr tips on how to deal with life in the spotlight, the Scotland head coach has revealed.

Kerr has led her side to a first World Cup finals, where they have lost to England and Japan.

Sturgeon is patron of the women's national team, something Kerr says she takes "very seriously".

"She was really forthcoming and I wanted to tap into her leadership skills," she told BBC Scotland.

"It was fantastic to sit down and tap into her knowledge and experience as being the country's ultimate leader."

And this is your reason for wanting a Scotland team to lose? Are you that petty and bitter? Have a day off ffs

Scotland manage to throw a 3 goal lead away and lose the the 3rd goal in injury time.

They'll do similar for the next 20 years worth of summer tournaments and then it'll be 20 years of wilderness #NationalTraits

On 16/06/2019 at 12:03, BlackSocksRedTops said:

And this is your reason for wanting a Scotland team to lose? Are you that petty and bitter? Have a day off ffs

Sturgeon makes me feel physically ill however, her ability to “niggy a bandwagon” is truly remarkable!