1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

What has this ex MP got to do with Rangers?

A hell of a lot more than all other SNP politicians combined. Called out Ashley, took part in supporter representation, called for an investigation into HMRC, etc. 

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

A hell of a lot more than all other SNP politicians combined. Called out Ashley, took part in supporter representation, called for an investigation into HMRC, etc. 

So did lots of other fans. So because he’s a Rangers fan I’ve to drop my opposition to the honour system.

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

So did lots of other fans. So because he’s a Rangers fan I’ve to drop my opposition to the honour system.

I guess it's not surprising that out of all the people you could pick to criticise getting an honour, you pick a Rangers fan. 

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

I guess it's not surprising that out of all the people you could pick to criticise getting an honour, you pick a Rangers fan. 

You're being paranoid, I picked Donnohoe because he has done nothing to be awarded such a high honour, it trivialises the whole system imo. The fact he’s a Rangers fan means nothing to me in this matter, he could support another team my opinion would be the same.

It's possible that he's done something extraordinary that you are unaware of, Bearger.

I doubt it but it's possible.

Honours are put forward by groups or individuals but have to be backed up to get through.  

I have noted in the past week the BSRT has said he doesn't care about democracy and you've said you don't care if someone is a Rangers fan.  Interesting...

Edited by Gonzo79

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's possible that he's done something extraordinary that you are unaware of, Bearger.

I doubt it but it's possible.

Honours are put forward by groups or individuals but have to be backed up to get through.  

I have noted in the past week the BSRT has said he doesn't care about democracy and you've said you don't care if someone is a Rangers fan in this matter.  Interesting...

Fixed that for you.

I'm sure there are several recipients whose contributions to British society are as questionable as Donnohoe's.  

Why pick him?  Why pick a Rangers fan when making a point like this?  On a Rangers forum?

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm sure there are several recipients whose contributions to British society are as questionable as Donnohoe's.  

Why pick him?  Why pick a Rangers fan when making a point like this?  On a Rangers forum?

I agree, there are plenty. The reason I picked him was I received an email from a friend on the subject and he mentioned Donnohoe. I’m in the US at present so had not seen anything about the honours list. Had a wee look now and see 2 other MP’s have been knighted.

The man who invented the Tunnock's Teacake has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours. Confectionery boss Boyd Tunnock  ...

Sir Brian Donohoe, who served as Central Ayrshire Labour MP for 23 years ...

As far as career contributions go ...