Politics and Football - Nationalists Lose Plot & Equate Rangers with Tories

Are all nationalists just naturally small-minded, bitter and stupid ... or is it something they learn along the way?

Nats MSP John Mason claims Tory poll boost down to ‘Rangers and Orange Order links’

BLUNDERING Nat John Mason hinted the Tories’ success in Glasgow was down to their “link” with Rangers and the Orange Order. The MSP claimed a growing bond with “that part of society” was behind the party’s surge in poor areas.

It came after Conservative councillor Thomas Kerr asked the politician to apologise for comparing child sex abuse at Celtic Boys Club to the Rangers tax dodge fiasco. In a letter of reply, Mr Mason aimed a dig at the Tories’ poll boost.

He wrote: “It seems these electoral results have probably not been because people want lower taxes and poorer public services. “Rather it seems the link between the Conservative Party and the Rangers / Protestant / Orange part of our society has become stronger.”

Mr Mason also said he feared that punters calling for a probe into the Celtic Boys Club scandal were rival Old Firm fans with a vendetta. He added: “Many have only wanted an investigation into child abuse linked to Celtic.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4332245/snp-msp-john-mason-tory-poll-rangers-orange-order-celtic-boys-club/

Mason comes across as an extremely untrustworthy character.

I'd advise any parent to keep their children well away from him.  And if you vote for him, check down the back of the couch to see if you have a shred of dignity left to cling onto.

Interesting comment from a prominent member of a party  derided for decades as "The Tartan Tories". I wonder when he signed up. 

Mason, of course, is a cretin, with but one single schtick to generate electoral support. I refer, of course, to playing The Kafflick Card, which he plays consistently, and, it seems, constantly. 

I don't know what is more depressing: his obvious bigotry, or its ability to capture the hearts and minds of a substantial part of the electorate. 

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

You have my attention Bill! Any updates on this??

Ian1964 posted the full story in the General Football forum.

No doubt the SNP would be fully disclosing the report if Rangers fans were the main perpetrators.  Which suggests that other lot are just as guilty, if not more so.