Fishing dispute in Scottish Waters

Interesting quote from the head of SFF Bertie Armstrong in relation to this story of illegal fishing in the waters around Rockall;

"Under Brexit we will have sovereignty over UK territorial waters which will include this area. Any access to those waters will be at the behest of the governments of the land.

but the next statement is probably wishful thinking;

He believes the Scottish government has to take a hard line on the dispute ahead of Brexit, when the UK will be responsible for its own waters!!

This has been going on for years according to some friends in Aberdeen, but has intensified over the last couple. This will be interesting to see what action the Scottish Government actually take.. if any.

42 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

This will be interesting to see what action the Scottish Government actually take.. if any.

The Scottish Executive will find a posture to adopt. 

Hard, though. How to stand up for our fishermen, not offend the EU and carry on the ceilidh with our Irish friends all at the same time?

Perhaps a signal to the Scottish Republican Navy to get up steam or, being realistic, to get the oars into the rowlocks. 

Normally, the Scottish "government" doesn't really do "actions". It's more of a posturing and grandstanding organisation, where whining and slithering are the main activity.

In the case of Rockall, it's unlikely the SNP will be offering to take any hard line when to do so would be to disadvantage the very countries it wants to embrace as brothers in the EU. It is just possible the SNP might be persuaded to condemn the UK for enforcing its imperialist rights. FREEDUM FUR ROCKALL!

2 hours ago, forlanssister said:

The Southern Irish government getting a taste of it's own medicine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47401104

The Rockall stuff rears its head every few years it's not about fishing rights its about territorial claim and of course oil. 

There are few things more worthwhile disputing than the rights to oil exploration.

Whose side are the Catalans on in this dispute?

What does Mel Gibson say?

What is the Green Party take on the issue? Do they adhere to the meek shall inherit the world, but not the mineral rights?

We should to told.

I feel assured, knowing Fiona Hyslop MSP is fighting Scotland's corner in this issue. She could disappear the issue by eating Rockall, she has a healthy appetite.  

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Whose side are the Catalans on in this dispute?

What does Mel Gibson say?

What is the Green Party take on the issue? Do they adhere to the meek shall inherit the world, but not the mineral rights?

We should to told.

I feel assured, knowing Fiona Hyslop MSP is fighting Scotland's corner in this issue. She could disappear the issue by eating Rockall, she has a healthy appetite.  

I was on my feet, waving my order paper, as I read that. ?

2 hours ago, compo said:

Send in a gunboat and blast Paddy right back into the tottie fields  .

Scottish "gun boats" don't actually have guns, I kid ye not as they're merchant vessels not naval vessels, that's one of the reasons they spend their time harassing UK fishermen while watching Jonny Foreigner literally rape the seas around Scotland.

It beggars belief that the Scottish "Government" sent a fishery protection vessel out to Rockall as there really should be at least 2 in that area permanently as it's one of the most bountiful fishing grounds on earth and it should be noted that the fishery zone doesn't just extend out to Rockall but to 200 miles west of it. That's tens of thousands of square miles of Scottish controlled waters unprotected as a matter of course.  

2 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Scottish "gun boats" don't actually have guns, I kid ye not as they're merchant vessels not naval vessels, that's one of the reasons they spend their time harassing UK fishermen while watching Jonny Foreigner literally rape the seas around Scotland.

It beggars belief that the Scottish "Government" sent a fishery protection vessel out to Rockall as there really should be at least 2 in that area permanently as it's one of the most bountiful fishing grounds on earth and it should be noted that the fishery zone doesn't just extend out to Rockall but to 200 miles west of it. That's tens of thousands of square miles of Scottish controlled waters unprotected as a matter of 

Send in HMS Troutbridge under the command of captain Povey ?