Clatty horrible word but its the only one I can think of when I hear about a primary school in Govanhill on the South Side of Glasgow which tries to educate children from the mostly immigrant population , the school has had to install two big washing machines to boil and wash the children's clothing as they are all infested with bed bugs imagine in this day and age their houses must be filthy but what parent would live in a filthy house the council and politicians should be ashamed .

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Her consituents who vote for her deserve everything they get. 

No they don't - at least not the children - but maybe they'll learn by the next election, and hopefully lots of surrounding constituences.

11 hours ago, compo said:

Clatty horrible word but its the only one I can think of when I hear about a primary school in Govanhill on the South Side of Glasgow which tries to educate children from the mostly immigrant population , the school has had to install two big washing machines to boil and wash the children's clothing as they are all infested with bed bugs imagine in this day and age their houses must be filthy but what parent would live in a filthy house the council and politicians should be ashamed .

Unfortunately this is the unseen side of immigration,refugee seeker,asylum seeker etc. who can bring problems they may accept in their own countries and education on the problem can be hard with the need for translators and those carry heavy costs.

It's alright for Sturgeon to advocate "one country many nationalities" but there are hidden costs.

12 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Unfortunately this is the unseen side of immigration,refugee seeker,asylum seeker etc. who can bring problems they may accept in their own countries and education on the problem can be hard with the need for translators and those carry heavy costs.

It's alright for Sturgeon to advocate "one country many nationalities" but there are hidden costs.

And there has been a big increase in tuberculosis in the past ten years as well .

28 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye but foreign nationals are keeping the NHS going and even saved it back in the 50s, dontchaknow.

Tongue out of cheek please they are clogging things up and a burden on budgets/targets,but I admit the foreign nationals that are keeping the NHS going are the Consultants/Doctors and even nursing staff.

47 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Import the third world and you get third world.

Isn't that the truth.

Import millions from the third world and you get a loss of social cohesion, you overwhelm public services, destroy the housing market and lose cultural identity. Which is pretty much where we are today.