Rangers UEFA licence in 2011 still under consideration by SFA

The Scottish Football Association will make a decision before the end of the year whether to pursue Rangers in connection with "alleged irregularities" in the Ibrox club's application for a UEFA licence in 2011.

Two years ago, the SFA tasked its compliance officer with launching an investigation into the application

Rangers are understood to have had an unpaid tax liability at the time the application was submitted which, had it been disclosed, would have almost certainly voided the application and Celtic would have competed in the early qualifying rounds of the Champions League rather than their Glasgow rivals.

The Light Blues maintain that the "Five-Way Agreement" signed in 2012 by the SFA, Scottish Premier League, Scottish Football League, the old Rangers and the new club set up by Charles Green means that Scottish football's governing body has no jurisdiction in the matter.

Last July, the Association's judicial panel agreed, and indicated that the case would be referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland, if they decided to punish the club.

SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell told The Times: "I would expect that to come back to the board in the not too distant future.

“It [going to CAS] is still under consideration. We’ll come back on that in due course. I wouldn’t want to put a timescale on it... but I don’t think we would let it go for ever.”

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...uefa-licence-before-end-of-the-year-1-4946541

Club facts: Rangers

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Rangers FC
Formed:
Nicknames: The Gers, The Teddy Bears, The Light Blues

UEFA club competition honours (runners-up in brackets)
• UEFA Cup: (2008)
• UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): (1961), (1967), 1972

Domestic honours (most recent triumph in brackets)
League title: 54 (2011)
Scottish Cup: 33 (2009)
League Cup: 27 (2011)

Ten-year European record (UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup unless indicated otherwise)
2017/18:
first qualifying round
2016/17: did not take part in UEFA club competition
2015/16: did not take part in UEFA club competition
2014/15: did not take part in UEFA club competition
2013/14: did not take part in UEFA club competition
2012/13: did not take part in UEFA club competition
2011/12: play-offs (having transferred from UEFA Champions League third qualifying round)
2010/11: round of 16 (having transferred from UEFA Champions League group stage)
2009/10: UEFA Champions League group stage
2008/09: UEFA Champions League second qualifying round

Records
UEFA club competition

• Biggest home win
10-0: Rangers v Valletta
28/09/83, UEFA Cup Winners' Cup first round second leg

• Biggest away win
0-8: Valletta v Rangers
14/09/83, UEFA Cup Winners' Cup first round first leg

• Heaviest home defeat
0-4: Rangers v Juventus
01/11/95, UEFA Champions League group stage

• Heaviest away defeat
6-1: Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers
13/04/60, European Champion Clubs' Cup semi-finals first leg
5-0: Köln v Rangers
03/11/82, UEFA Cup second round second leg

UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup
• Biggest home win
4-0: twice, most recently v Hapoel Tel-Aviv
22/02/07, round of 32 second leg

• Biggest away win
0-5: Amica Wronki v Rangers
21/10/04, group stage

• Heaviest home defeat
0-2: Rangers v Auxerre
15/12/04, group stage

• Heaviest away defeat
5-0: Köln v Rangers (see above)

© 1998-2019 UEFA. All rights reserved.

Do type Scotsman, Celtic, child abuse with Google and it ain't that many hits ...

https://www.google.de/search?q=Scotsman+Celtic+child+abuse&client=opera&hs=w0R&ei=K0ICXeZCjt3BAtmvOQ&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwimhJOxu-biAhWOblAKHdlXDgA4ChDy0wMIeg&biw=1543&bih=731

Counter that with Rangers and tax case ... no interruption of Scotsman articles on the first page.

Or Rangers and SFA, UEFA, license ... and the 4 articles are from the Scotsman.

I said it before: if I were the Rangers media and press guy, I would look at this, draw up a list of journos with agendas, add the respective links to biased articles and decline any Press Accreditation request.

BTW, I would't be surprised if Lawwell wants any money we gained from that CL season, so he can use it to pay of the child abuse penalties (if any).

Obviously, doing so would admit that we are the same club, but ... that would contradict with the journo rubbish regarding new club.

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

let’s deflect from the big story in Scottish football at the moment eh? 

Looks like Liewell’s minions still dutifully carrying out their tasks

And another’s no-mark,pseudo-journo calling us a ‘new club’ I see.

Why are we not suing the journo and the newspaper? The new club thing has to be stopped.