Rangers UEFA licence in 2011 still under consideration by SFA

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Why are we not suing the journo and the newspaper? The new club thing has to be stopped.

I suspect that, overall, we continue to

Maintain a dignified silence;

Keep our own counsel/our powder dry/our cards close to our chest;

Be content to do our talking on the pitch;

Work quietly behind the scenes/ endeavour to build strong relationships with other clubs;

Refrain from rocking the boat at this time... ...

...and so on and so forth. 

You may have heard this guff before. 

Edited by Uilleam

Now we know why Petrie and  Mulraney have been put in place. I don't understand what they hope to gain from pursuing this. It can only be a fine. It will probably cost more to chase it.

10 minutes ago, pete said:

Now we know why Petrie and  Mulraney have been put in place. I don't understand what they hope to gain from pursuing this. It can only be a fine. It will probably cost more to chase it.

Points deduction.

(And a fine.)

43 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Points deduction.

(And a fine.)

The board intimidated previously they would go to war. It’s time we went after everyone in the SFA and Shame FC re their cover up. We publicly challenge why that sewer of an institution is being shielded, and we have to get cross border authorities involved. If we receive chastisement in the press we challenge them to prove they are not involved? It’s time the gloves came off and we go to war with these scumbags!

We have to go with the Nuclear option, these lowlife need to be held to account.

I may be wrong but I think this will come into play if Rangers are well in front in the league or win it and gain entry to  the Champions league. Celtic would be hoping to replace us. Seemingly cases put in front of the CAS take ages for a decision so the SFA could rule us out of Europe until they make a decision. Of course they could make that decision and ban us from Europe this season and until there is a CAS decision.

On 13/06/2019 at 23:13, pete said:

I may be wrong but I think this will come into play if Rangers are well in front in the league or win it and gain entry to  the Champions league. Celtic would be hoping to replace us. Seemingly cases put in front of the CAS take ages for a decision so the SFA could rule us out of Europe until they make a decision. Of course they could make that decision and ban us from Europe this season and until there is a CAS decision.

I would assume that Rangers will then sue the SFA and if that comes to pass, no Scottish team will participate in Europe, as UEFA does not allow teams from an association in a legal battle to do that.

BTW, so far they are considering to put it before the CAS. You would have to ask, why does it take them so long? IMHO, Rangers should simply make a step in advance of this and ask the CAS or UEFA lawyers for their opinion on the matter, given the heinous deeds by Whyte ... and whether it is actually time-barred.

On a sidenote, it should also be pointed out to UEFA that the SFA showed gross neglect in checking whether Whyte was a fit and proper person, a charlatan who fooled both Rangers FC as well as them. Why would Rangers have to be punished again for acts the SFA were also unaware of?

Rangers were blackmailed into signing that agreement. But if CAS decide it is void, that really would open up a monumental can of worms. Could we (“newco”) then sue the other parties for kicking us out of the league, as they had no power to do that with a continuing member club of the SFA??