It's not just about  a bigger stadium but our ability to evolve as stadium facilities change. I guess with enough money you could do anything but it must be less  efficient to try to work around an existing structure built decades ago.

6 hours ago, Gribz said:

The screens were a massive mistake at the time, I dont get why we would close the corners just to have screens and some suites. An Additional 6000 seats would have brought far more income and atmosphere.

I may be way off here but was it not deemed utterly impractical and cost heavy to fill in the upper corners? That's why only the lower section was completed. I think it had something to do with way the three stands are constructed?  

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I may be way off here but was it not deemed utterly impractical and cost heavy to fill in the upper corners? That's why only the lower section was completed. I think it had something to do with way the three stands are constructed?  

Correct it's because of the goal post design of the roof supports, if the upper sections of the corners were filled in it would have meant a high proportion of restricted view seats. I think it may well be now possible to alter the roof structures to avoid pillars but whether it is financially feasible is a different matter.

A point to bear in mind is that an average of 7000 season ticket holders are absent for each game and the club will try and promote secondary ticketing to help assuage demand from non season ticket holders.

As for the screens they can be moved to the roofs of the Broomloan and Copland relatively easily.

5 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Correct it's because of the goal post design of the roof supports, if the upper sections of the corners were filled in it would have meant a high proportion of restricted view seats. I think it may well be now possible to alter the roof structures to avoid pillars but whether it is financially feasible is a different matter.

A point to bear in mind is that an average of 7000 season ticket holders are absent for each game and the club will try and promote secondary ticketing to help assuage demand from non season ticket holders.

As for the screens they can be moved to the roofs of the Broomloan and Copland relatively easily.

Thanks FS. 

I am sure David Murray looked at filling in the screen area's and found the cost not feasible for the amount it would bring up. as FS said restricted vision was also a problem.

fSC5M5wC_bigger.jpg

What would be our best bet for expansion in your opinion if it ever happened Greg?

Not one for me to comment on as people will think I’m ITK. But the club have done a 3D survey of the stadium to assess all options available.

On 16/06/2019 at 08:46, cooponthewing said:

Totally disagree compo. The main stand and it’s facade is a wonderful historical illustration of our past. It’s what sets us apart from all the other clubs in Scotland. The history of our club is embedded within this reminder of those who have gone before us.

I passed it a couple of hours ago and it could do with a good chemical wash and repointing with white mortar  give it a bit of a spruce up then .

I often think about this. I think we would have to follow Liverpool or Newcastle, ie. add another tier to the Copland, Govan or Broomloan stands. When we win the league & start playing in CL, we could afford to start reconstruction, but not financially feasible atm. We don’t have spare money to invest, yet it would pay off long term. But possibly not for decades. Look at Arsenal..