War and No Peace...(SDI v Rangers)

Written judgement from the most recent instalment.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Comm/2019/1419.html

---------------------------

I haven't got the legal expertise to give a meaningful summary wrt the current state of play but thoughts return to the question of why we entered into the 2017 deal with SDI and what legal advice we received regards the relevant contract clauses.

An ongoing situation that SDI/Mr.MASH will be much more comfortable with than Rangers.

Legal costs will be significant and then there are potential damages.

What there isn't any sign of,... is normalisation !!

Edited by buster.

Beyond me to give a concise summary but I think we got beat four- nil without a shot on target. 

One doesn’t want to criticise from a position of ignorance the quality of the advice being given. Perhaps the strategy, whatever it is, will be vindicated in the Court of Appeal or heaven forfend, the Supreme Court.

I see we fielded three strikers against Ashley's two. Unfortunately it was a defence that was required.

The London solicitors are Mills Reeve. I thought that was a horse.

Is this a stupid Question? Could Rangers not just run down Rangers retail company keeping it alive with some dormant cash  and start up a new company to which they can operate. I am sure Celtic have a few companies like that.

19 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Beyond me to give a concise summary but I think we got beat four- nil without a shot on target. 

One doesn’t want to criticise from a position of ignorance the quality of the advice being given. Perhaps the strategy, whatever it is, will be vindicated in the Court of Appeal or heaven forfend, the Supreme Court.

I see we fielded three strikers against Ashley's two. Unfortunately it was a defence that was required.

The London solicitors are Mills Reeve. I thought that was a horse

Devon, Loch, and Partners. 

2 hours ago, pete said:

Is this a stupid Question? Could Rangers not just run down Rangers retail company keeping it alive with some dormant cash  and start up a new company to which they can operate. I am sure Celtic have a few companies like that.

Presumably the new company wouldn't have the rights to sell anything. 

8 hours ago, buster. said:

thoughts return to the question of why we entered into the 2017 deal with SDI and what legal advice we received regards the relevant contract clauses.

Yeah, seems like the current board cocked up. 

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Presumably the new company wouldn't have the rights to sell anything. 

Probably not but you would think there was a loophole around that some way. I suppose there are higher wage groups than me thinking about that.:D

As I asked in the earlier posts on the matter I would question how many unknown subsidiaries has the fatman got that have "rights" to the Rangers merchandise and/or how it is sold.IMO our hands will be tied until this is is investigated and uncovered.

9 hours ago, pete said:

Probably not but you would think there was a loophole around that some way. I suppose there are higher wage groups than me thinking about that.:D

All the court cases against SDI show that there's no loopholes. :(