Euro QR4 Draw: Legia Warsaw/Atrimitos v FC Midtjylland/Rangers

Personally, I’d prefer to see a U.K. FA, a U.K. league system and a U.K. national team. It’s the only way the game here will ever be pulled out of its ongoing corruption and endless decline.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Personally, I’d prefer to see a U.K. FA, a U.K. league system and a U.K. national team. It’s the only way the game here will ever be pulled out of its ongoing corruption and endless decline.

Despite having lived 90% of my life in England and speaking with an English accent, I just cannot feel any emotional pull to a UK or an England team. My bloodline is 100% Scottish, with a smattering of Northern Ireland. If it ever did come about it would only be a matter of time before people started calling it 'England' anyway.

Gibraltar is an overseas territory and Kosovo isn't recognised by the likes of Russia, China and India (rightly so).  

Hopefully the first two opponents are comfortably dispatched and we can get back to playing more recognised European football clubs.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the away leg, if Cork get through.

22 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Despite having lived 90% of my life in England and speaking with an English accent, I just cannot feel any emotional pull to a UK or an England team. My bloodline is 100% Scottish, with a smattering of Northern Ireland. If it ever did come about it would only be a matter of time before people started calling it 'England' anyway.

I was talking about football, not abolishing Scotland or pretending to be English. There's a considerable difference.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

No corruption in England!:roflmao:

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Unfortunately I dont think will ever happen.  I'd like to see a British league system and I actually think it would be as good for other nations as it would be for us.  As for the national team, it would take some time before any Scottish players would be part of that, not that this is a problem for me.  I don't much care for the Scottish national team (probably as a result of the way in which I feel we've been unfairly treated by the SFA and the other member clubs), and I quite happily support England in particular at big tournaments.

I suspect the wealthier clubs would find a way to ensure that we would not become a threat to their dominance and if that meant some form of corruption I expect we'd face that in such a British style league.  Money is power after all, and normally power and corruption go hand in hand.

49 minutes ago, pete said:

No corruption in England!:roflmao:

There’s corruption in Mexico, Zimbabwe, England, Holland, Spain, and every other country. None of which detracts in the slightest from corruption in Scottish football. 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I was talking about football, not abolishing Scotland or pretending to be English. There's a considerable difference.

But, by having a UK team, that is what you would effectively be doing: denying an identity. I would, however, have loved to see a British League but now with the PL money I cannot see it happening.

3 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

But, by having a UK team, that is what you would effectively be doing: denying an identity. I would, however, have loved to see a British League but now with the PL money I cannot see it happening.

You wouldn't be denying anyone their identity. That's hysterical nonsense. People express their identity in all sorts of ways - we're only talking about a football team. Having a UK football team doesn't make you any less Scottish, unless your sense of national identity is so shallow that it falls apart because we don't have a separate football team cheered on by people in kilts with pheasant feathers in their glengarry.

How about if we don't have a separate Olympic team, does that make you feel less Scottish? Should we refuse to take part in the British Lions? Surely our sense of Scottishness is on firmer ground than that. I know mine is.

Edited by Bill