Euro QR4 Draw: Legia Warsaw/Atrimitos v FC Midtjylland/Rangers

I had a look at the teams we play if we get through the first two rounds.  There's no doubt that it's stacked against us, but in terms of excitement there are some cracking draws in there.  I'd love to see us against Espanyol or similar.  What a night that would be at Ibrox.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

it is worth remembering that we went joint top after beating the bheasts at New Year.

Well, due to Celtic being as average as we were. We droppped loads of points and crashed out of the league cup 3 days after a European game. There seemed to be a consensus on this forum that the squad was exhausted by December and the old firm win came out of the blue. 

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Not sure I agree our league form suffered badly during the Europa campaign. While we definitely suffered at the piggery after our jaunt to furthest Russia, it is worth remembering that we went joint top after beating the bheasts at New Year. It was our form just after the winter break that cost us the title, with no European action to blame for it.

With the size of squad we have there should be no excuse if we rotate it properly.

We both suffered while in Europe. We were also games behind them when joint top. 

I think the premise has legs. 

52 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Yes I will accept all that, we were running on empty leading up to the break. But we were most certainly still in the title chase at that stage, and lost the title in the second half of the campaign with no Euro games to contend with.

I can’t go along with that. Every game with dropped points matters. I said at the time we should be capitalising on Celtic’s uncharacteristically poor form because it wouldn’t last the whole season. As it happened it didn’t and we went into the break effectively 3 points behind despite Celtic experiencing their worst start to a season in 20 something years as I remember. Post winter break was much of a muchness, slipped a further 6 points. 

• Frankie changed the title to Europa QR1/2 Draw: [St Joseph's 0 - 6 Rangers] v Progres
  • Frankie changed the title to Euro QR2 Draw: Rangers v Progres

QR3 draw today at 1pm and we can face:

1 Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (ENG) / Crusaders FC (NIR)
2 Legia Warszawa (POL) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
3 KAA Gent (BEL) / FC Viitorul (ROU)
4 FC Midtjylland (DEN)
5 AZ Alkmaar (NED) / BK Häcken (SWE)