Thanks to @Rick Roberts for this excellent contribution.

Hopefully we can see more articles again this season.  With social media taking more and more prominence, long reads such as this one become harder to find so please support them when they are published.

Remember, we'll be needing match previews and more as the new campaign gets underway.  I'd also welcome other regular contributions for the forum and main site such as match reviews and/or player ratings.  Such stuff is the bed rock of wee forums like this so please, please consider helping us out a few times through the year.

51 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Thanks to @Rick Roberts for this excellent contribution.

Hopefully we can see more articles again this season.  With social media taking more and more prominence, long reads such as this one become harder to find so please support them when they are published.

Remember, we'll be needing match previews and more as the new campaign gets underway.  I'd also welcome other regular contributions for the forum and main site such as match reviews and/or player ratings.  Such stuff is the bed rock of wee forums like this so please, please consider helping us out a few times through the year.

As mentioned on twitter, might be worth having a list of live topics on website for folk to address, as a kind of prompt?

Would even be good if several people tackled same subjects and different points of view could be read.

One thing i'd like to hear is more from the different fan groups. How'd they form, whats their goals etc. That way more fans may find something relevant to them to get involved with, and the groups might find some common ground or projects to work on. 

1 minute ago, Rick Roberts said:

As mentioned on twitter, might be worth having a list of live topics on website for folk to address, as a kind of prompt?

Would even be good if several people tackled same subjects and different points of view could be read.

I think the forum (and to a lesser extent the Twitter account) serves as that to be honest.

People are always welcome to add to or counter any contributions.  In my experience though you can only lead the horse to water...

In terms of the fan groups, Club 1872 do occasionally step into media issues but perhaps need to be more vocal when doing so - i.e. get themselves onto phone-ins and/or news shows such as Scotland Tonight for the bigger items of note.

30 minutes ago, Frankie said:

In terms of the fan groups, Club 1872 do occasionally step into media issues but perhaps need to be more vocal when doing so - i.e. get themselves onto phone-ins and/or news shows such as Scotland Tonight for the bigger items of note.

I was thinking more of the fans reps (and forum leaders) having articles (mission statements) on gersnet. Or better still an interview format on gersnet pod cast? 

Of course, easier said than done and some may not be interested. But i think if a few started then others would see it as the thing to do.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

This is perhaps where I’d be expecting more from the bigger fan groups and investors. It’s surely not enough to simply accrue shares? There has to be more - something more pro-active and more affirmative – flexing our collective muscle.

To be honest, this article says very little new but it does say it in a way that focusses on the breadth of our challenges, which is a very valuable contribution. Perhaps the part that most caught my attention is quoted above. We've wasted years now, fretting away our energies over share ownership and seats on boards, while paying little more than lip service to the powerful contribution our supporters groups could be making with respect to the media and the SFA/SPFL.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence but while the Club1872 website proudly announces the number of shares it owns, nowhere could I see a mention of how many members it has.

Edited by Bill

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

To be honest, this article says very little new but it does say it in a way that focusses on the breadth of our challenges, which is a very valuable contribution. Perhaps the part that most caught my attention is quoted above. We've wasted years now, fretting away our energies over share ownership and seats on boards, while paying little more than lip service to the powerful contribution our supporters groups could be making. 

Perhaps it's just a coincidence but while the Club1872 website proudly announces the number of shares it owns, nowhere could I see a mention of how many members it has.

I was discussing this with a mate last night. What worries me is I don't see any signs of strategy or change anywhere (on the ground, amongst the support - there's plenty good work ongoing at the club and football wise).

An example i had used previously was of the rally at the BBC. I contacted club1872 and got a slightly non-committal response. It shouldn't be like that, personalities/history/agendas have to be put aside. Both Frankie and David Edgar had no problem promoting event. It eventually got rained away but that's a different story, if anything fails it shouldn't be from lack of effort or cooperation. Without wanting to pick on club1872 its purely because they are the most prominent and influential, and i contribute to them. 

1 hour ago, Rick Roberts said:

I was thinking more of the fans reps (and forum leaders) having articles (mission statements) on gersnet. Or better still an interview format on gersnet pod cast? 

Of course, easier said than done and some may not be interested. But i think if a few started then others would see it as the thing to do.

I agree with your premise and if truth be told that goal was the raison d'etre for my own involvement in the pods. However I would argue that in order for what you suggest to come to fruition there has to first be open dialogue within the support that isn't simply, 'well I put into whichever fan group of choice so I've done my bit' while sitting in the boozer before a game. In some cases folk simply cant manage anything else either through time constraints, illness or disability and that's OK however, from other able bodied elements of the support, its a bit of a cop out. Its a post and forget action!

Fan groups should be taking more affirmative actions leading discussions etc but if they are reluctant to put their head above the parapet then the fans themselves need to voice those concerns where they can be heard. Youtube, Twitch-TV, Podcasts and other media are the modern equivalent of radio/TV/Dead Tree Press. I'm a strong supporter of a holistic approach, the more Rangers focused pods and shows the better as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately David Edgar has set himself up a bit of a walled garden and so it would be difficult to establish a voice in his echo chamber but I'd encourage any Rangers fan with an opinion to put themselves forward to join the discussion on any one of the other emerging new Rangers medias. Perhaps then when fan groups and their reps have a clear message from their members and supporters we will hear them.

When I met the lads for the pod hook up at the Livi game in November I specifically expressed to Frankie that, since they attempted to kill us off, as a Rangers supporter I felt continually marginalized and repressed in my own country. I didn't say it to him because I was looking for sympathy or pity I was telling him so he would know why I was there. Of course I want to see The Rangers win but this isn't just about football teams for me. I'm no shrinking violet and for me that's NOT happening, Fuck that... No Chance!