Lampard officially unveiled. I think he will do OK. For a start he will put Kante back into his proper holding midfield position which will improve them and going forward they still have Pedro, Willian, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi with the new player Pulisic coming in. So I think they will get 4th. 

5 hours ago, buster. said:

If Lampard does well, it might encourage other EPL clubs to consider Gerrard.

Lampard seems to be Abramovich's blue eyed boy but I wonder what the outcome will be if Chelsea slip down the table .

50 minutes ago, compo said:

Lampard seems to be Abramovich's blue eyed boy but I wonder what the outcome will be if Chelsea slip down the table .

Hell of a gamble when you consider how much money is at stake at a club like Chelsea.

1 hour ago, compo said:

If the two window transfer ban is confirmed after appeal I don't see them making the top 4 next season. You can't lose a player like Eden Hazard so integral to that team while not replacing him without slipping back some. I imagine they must appreciate that and will accordingly give Lampard some leeway.

As will the fans for his legend status alone and in fact perhaps that's one reason he was hired.

The top 2 spots will again go to City and Liverpool while the 3rd and 4th will be up for grabs among a handful or so.

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

If the two window transfer ban is confirmed after appeal I don't see them making the top 4 next season. You can't lose a player like Eden Hazard so integral to that team while not replacing him without slipping back some. I imagine they must appreciate that and will accordingly give Lampard some leeway.

As will the fans for his legend status alone and in fact perhaps that's one reason he was hired.

The top 2 spots will again go to City and Liverpool while the 3rd and 4th will be up for grabs among a handful or so.

Not having Hazard is possibly 10 points less straight away. Yet others need to raise their game and Lampard needs to find that 10 points. Moving Kante back to his position will be a starter and instantly improve them defensively.

I still think they will get 4th. As you say City and Liverpool should be clear top 2 and I think Spurs will sit 3rd all season, they wont lose as many games next season. Until Man Utd get a few signings over the line I dont know where they will be and at the way Arsenal are at the moment they wont be near top 4, their away form is relegation form.

Yet I'll wait until the end of the month before judging and then start up a new Premier League preview thread for the seasons predictions also.