Official: Rangers sign Joe Aribo

I think he'll replace Kamara, with Kamara taking Jack's spot on the right. I don't think he's a #10 or a winger; I think he'll play deeper:

Moreos

Stewart - Arfield

Aribo - Davis - Kamara

I think this is a very good signing: Good age, profile; looks talented, skilful and athletic.  

1 hour ago, pete said:

Not sure what this thing about Ajax is  but they never won the league since 2013-2014 until this season. Even then it was more PSV that threw it away. I doubt Rangers supporters would go for that in normal circumstances. They have not won anything in Europe since 1995 so not really anything to measure ourselves on.

My point entirely

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

My point entirely

Ah sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm. Just spent 2 and a half hours cutting grass so i will put it down to that.:D I am glad someone has seen that Ajax record is not that great and no where near the wankfest the name seems to create.

34 minutes ago, pete said:

Ah sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm. Just spent 2 and a half hours cutting grass so i will put it down to that.:D I am glad someone has seen that Ajax record is not that great and no where near the wankfest the name seems to create.

Precisely. It would be a hellish mistake to see them as a template for Rangers

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I think he'll replace Kamara, with Kamara taking Jack's spot on the right. I don't think he's a #10 or a winger; I think he'll play deeper:

Moreos[sic]

Stewart - Arfield

Aribo - Davis - Kamara

I think this is a very good signing: Good age, profile; looks talented, skilful and athletic.  

I thought that Stewart was signed to be a reserve for Aribo.

Edited by ranger_syntax

I think back to the Flanagan tackle against Hearts at the end of last season, from which Kamara immediately fed the ball through for Defoe to score.

Perhaps this (ball winning/move ball quickly) is the way Aribo will best create.