Kenny Miller on agony of leaving Rangers out of the back door with a bin bag

40 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think it’s fairly obvious what happened after that SC SF.

The Rangers directors had to make a choice between a stand-in manager & 2 staff members who took it upon themselves to seemingly take charge of first team affairs judging by their alleged words & actions.

In the end there was no choice.

Forest made the choice to get rid of O'Neill. The directors always have a choice when a manager is totally out of his depth. 

If the directors believe that meekly accepting an abject performance and not having players make a huge issue then they were correct in their actions. 

If not lining to wish Kenny Miller well as he hauled his bin bag out the door was the greatest mistake by Rangers directors these last ten years or so then we would be a very fortunate club indeed. Frankly, I think we have bigger issues to fret over than Kenny Miller, who would no doubt have been fully consoled by the bank account he had on leaving Rangers. That he continues to run to the tabloids about his time at Rangers is somehow lifting any interest I might have had.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If not lining to wish Kenny Miller well as he hauled his bin bag out the door was the greatest mistake by Rangers directors these last ten years or so then we would be a very fortunate club indeed. Frankly, I think we have bigger issues to fret over than Kenny Miller, who would no doubt have been fully consoled by the bank account he had on leaving Rangers. That he continues to run to the tabloids about his time at Rangers is somehow lifting any interest I might have had.

But what about his neighbour?

8 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Forest made the choice to get rid of O'Neill. The directors always have a choice when a manager is totally out of his depth. 

If the directors believe that meekly accepting an abject performance and not having players make a huge issue then they were correct in their actions. 

But if the rumours are true, the players stepped well beyond the line in the way they dealt with the situation, and that's why the board had no option but to support the manager.  The players are taking advantage of the fact that the club never (quite rightly in my opinion) disclosed the details behind the incidents.  I suspect that they would receive little or no sympathy if the details of the fallout became public.  The board can sack the manager, but players have to have a level of respect for the position, otherwise discipline breaks down.

Whilst I agree with the decisions against the players, I still think it would have been right for the club to manage their exit with a bit more class too.

This is all in the past though and Miller just has to accept his career is over.  From what I hear, he doesn't have the skills and attributes to be a manager so he will just have to keep playing for as long as he can.  Wallace on the other hand is an excellent coach and many feel he was coerced into his role in the incident with Murty.  I hope he learns from this when he inevitably gets into coaching/management.