Jump to content
 
 
 
 
Sign in to follow this  
compo

Jobs for the girls

Recommended Posts

Just reading that the EU  have forwarded two women for top jobs in  the Brussels fun house Ursula von der leyen one of Merkel's sidekicks who is under investigation for handing out procurement contracts to friends and christine Lagarde might be in charge of the European central bank another one with a chequered past , oh well thank goodness were out .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK has an egotistical liar who was sacked as a journalist for inventing quotes and has already showed how clueless he is on the big stage when at the Foreign office,.... heading for Downing Street.

 

Aye, but he's a bit of a lad who likes a joke an that.....................that will end welll then :facepalm:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, compo said:

thank goodness were out .

We aren't out and it looks increasingly likely that we will remain.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We aren't out and it looks increasingly likely that we will remain.

What makes you say that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the system is set up, our MPs, who are determined to stop it and Hunt and BJ being another technocrat and man less principled than ...well, someone with no principles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As for the EU top jobs, most Brits are clueless about who are the top brass in Brussels are but a large percentage of us still trust them to run the show, which I find odd.

 

It's not surprising that they're proposing a shifty lot, to ensure the Franco-German alliance retains the reigns.  Has anyone put Tony Blair, the EU mouthpiece and war criminal, forward?

 

 

 

Edited by Gonzo79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The way the system is set up, our MPs, who are determined to stop it and Hunt and BJ being another technocrat and man less principled than ...well, someone with no principles.

Thank's for the reply !

 

Johnson is egotistical and tends to be most concerned about how he comes out of things, rather than say, medium to long term ramifications of X or Y. He is also a proven liar and when he thinks he can get away with it, will basically make stuff up and in today's politics, a well advised Trump, has shown how easy it is to get away with it.

 

My take is that Johnson will have his ego stroked by the likes of Bannon, Farage and several big media outlets as to how he will be seen/painted if he takes a hard line (jumps off cliff not knowing the distance to the bottom). Add that to the concerns of many in his own party about what happens if the status quo remains and I don't see anything but the UK leaving in the not too distant future.

 

 

The often polarised argument around Brexit is to me covering up a bigger or wider issue.

That neither the EU or the government at Westminster are fit for purpose wrt serving the best interests of the majority of the people.

 

Generally, if people think that leaving the EU will actually improve their lot, disappointment is around the corner.

Staying in it, won't take you to Utopia either.

 

Either-way, it's been about kicking cans down the road and the question left is how long does the road have Left ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by buster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

As for the EU top jobs, most Brits are clueless about who are the top brass in Brussels are but a large percentage of us still trust them to run the show, which I find odd.

 

It's not surprising that they're proposing a shifty lot, to ensure the Franco-German alliance retains the reigns.  Has anyone put Tony Blair, the EU mouthpiece and war criminal, forward?

Your reference to Blair makes me think of both Johnson & Hunt and their blind, blank cheques to US Foreign Policy.

 

Taking control back,....you have to laugh (or you would cry)

 

Trade deal you say Mr.PM

How high do I jump, Mr.President, what do you want, what do you want us to do ???

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by buster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be hilarious around here if Johnson actually becomes PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, buster. said:

The UK has an egotistical liar who was sacked as a journalist for inventing quotes and has already showed how clueless he is on the big stage when at the Foreign office,.... heading for Downing Street.

 

Aye, but he's a bit of a lad who likes a joke an that.....................that will end welll then :facepalm:

 

 

It also has a virulent anti-semite terrorist loving multi-millionaire privately educated university dropout masquerading as a champion of the working classes as "leader" of Her Majesty's Opposition eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.