1995 Foo Fighters...Live Oak Civic Center, Live Oak Texas. It was about 100 degrees Fahrenheit in there. Packed to the walls. the place was designed to hold maybe 500 people...there were about 750...the walls were sweating...the band quit after half a set.

Never forget that concert.

Sunday at Madstock Finsbury park 1992. Only went to see Morrissey and he didn't turn up after Madness fans throwing bottles on the Saturday. Just got pissed all day instead, though Ian Dury wasn't bad, then again my head was spinning by that stage.

Best gig (alright i know you didn't ask that)  Black Sabbath San Antonio Texas 1982 for the Mob Rules tour with the brilliant Ronnie James Dio on vocals. And any gig by Motorhead, The Damned or Cock Sparrer. 

Worst gig I went to was Spiritualized at the Barrowlands in '97 or '98.  I was feeling rough as ****, which definitely didn't help.

I also played a gig, in Edinburgh, after attending a Rangers match at Pittodrie (mid 00s) and could barely stand up, which was all rather embarrassing. 

Speaking of Cocksparrer, I still regularly listen to Runnin' Riot before heading to Rangers matches.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Worst gig I went to was Spiritualized at the Barrowlands in '97 or '98.  I was feeling rough as ****, which definitely didn't help.

I also played a gig, in Edinburgh, after attending a Rangers match at Pittodrie (mid 00s) and could barely stand up, which was all rather embarrassing. 

Speaking of Cocksparrer, I still regularly listen to Runnin' Riot before heading to Rangers matches.

That's a great song, I have the Shock Troops CD in my car for the occasional listen among others !!

12 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

That's a great song, I have the Shock Troops CD in my car for the occasional listen among others !!

I had a cassette with The Stone Roses' debut on one side and Cocksparrer's debut on the other.  It was rarely off in the early 90s.

Sister Suzie and Platinum Blonde always get me going.  

Quality.  I didnt realise until recently that they were formed as early as 1972, i started listening in 1981/82 and thought they were part of the new wave of British punk, but apparently they were overlooked during the punk breakthrough in 1976 - probably didnt have the profile as others like the Pistols, Damned, Buzzcocks, Clash, Skids etc.