[FT] Rangers 5 - 0 Oxford Utd (Candeias 15; Stewart 32; Mayo 53; Ojo 70; Defoe 89)

13 hours ago, pete said:

The person I fear for is Barisic. He really looked out of place today again. Halliday looked a far better player.

I thought Halliday looked awful yesterday--that 70 yard run aside! 

Although, Barasic was not much better...

13 hours ago, pete said:

Katic? He is the best defender we have. Goldson's shirt is the one that should be on a shoogly nail. Goldson is a bombscare at times.

I thought Edmundson showed up the best yesterday. Katic wasn't far off, though. 

I suppose I still see Goldson as being the 'senior' defender, in a way. Goldson played every game last season, and was pretty solid; while Katic drifted in and out, making a decent start, then was awful for a spell and was rightly dropped, then came in at the end of the season with some of his best performances. 

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought Halliday looked awful yesterday--that 70 yard run aside! 

Although, Barasic was not much better...

One mistake in possession aside, I thought Halliday showed up quite well as usual but Barisic struggled to get going.

In saying that, when Tav and Ojo came on, most of our play went down the right side so it wasn't all the fault of the Croatian.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

Sorry if I'm repeating ground already covered but.......

1. Any word on why Murphy didn't feature ?

2. 'Injury to McPake', what was it ?

I believe Tom (RTV commentator) said that Murphy wan't playing as they don't want to rush him back from last seasons injury and the friendly against Oxford wasn't deemed as a neccessary risk

Just now, lenny3k said:

I believe Tom (RTV commentator) said that Murphy wan't playing as they don't want to rush him back from last seasons injury and the friendly against Oxford wasn't deemed as a neccessary risk

Thanks Lenny !

Given he was supposed to be about ready for the very tail end of last season that reasoning doesn't give much grounds for optimism.

16 minutes ago, buster. said:

Thanks Lenny !

Given he was supposed to be about ready for the very tail end of last season that reasoning doesn't give much grounds for optimism.

Did Murphy not play the day before for the development squad!

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

He didn't feature yesterday because tomorrow's game is on astro-turf so priority was given to players who will be available for that match.

Thank's Frankie !

So you'd expect him to get at least 45 minutes against Marseille to show his stuff !