[FT] St Joseph's 0 - 4 Rangers (Jack 49; Ojo 55; Barisic 68; Morelos 76)

As a tie, this is as straightforward as it gets.

As a game, it'd be encouraging if we could have the tie won before next week's second leg.

Wrt the Home Grown rule re. UEFA squads, we can only name a 22 man squad (25 available if HG quota is met)

We could very much do without any injuries.

While the bookies are not always right, the odds on offer for this afternoon's match has us at a unbackable 1/12. At those odds at 4 or 5 goal victory should be expected, but I have a feeling it wont be quite that easy on a difficult pitch against a team already with competitive action under their belts.

After Luxembourg, I take nothing for granted, even at this diddy stage of the tournament and it pays to remember we are here because we are actually classed as diddies ourselves by UEFA co-efficients standards.

Absolutely no idea as to what team will be given the honour of starting our season off this afternoon, but I would think it will be the same back 4 and striker as the OP suggests, and that Davis will definitely play but other than that the other 4 spots are anybody's guess. Will it be new boys, or last seasons tried and tested ones? Only about 4 hours till we find out and I cant wait.

Off to the Pillars of Heracles then, hopefully we take care of the fixture today and make next week a formality and training session.

I wonder whether we`ll actually play both Tav and Morelos, just in case some team wanting to play in the Europa League this half-year is interested in their services.