Premier League 2019/20

Maybe a tad early to start the predictions but 4 weeks is super fast these days and then the most entertaining league in the world starts again - (noted entertaining and not best nor competitive). This can be the thread where me, Scott, Compo and Buster (with a few others) make a bum of ourselves with terrible weekly predictions.

Until the transfer window shuts its hard to judge where teams will be. However as it stands I think we could have a shift in the top 6. For me - at the moment Arsenal would drop out the top 8. Their away form is relegation form and they are only weaker to date. I see a horrendous defensive and no creative midfield and therefore Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Wolves are all better on paper and would go above Arsenal.

Man Utd are really interesting from a neutral perspective right now. I keep actually expecting them to turn a corner but they still have issues. Pogba is obviously a bad apple and Ive never seen the fascination of him as a player either, he couldnt lace Hazard, De Bruyne or David Silvas boots. But management wise they still havent got it right. OGS failed at Cardiff and has only had Molde. His honey moon period went away and they looked awful again. The only good thing for Man U is compared to Arsenal they actually do have players on paper who can win things. Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Sanchez on their day is a frightening 5.

If I was a betting man - As it stands id go.

Man City

Liverpool

Tottenham

Chelsea

Man Utd

Leicester

Wolves

Everton

Arsenal

West Ham

Watford

Southampton

Bournemouth

Crystal Palace

Norwich

Burnley

Aston Villa

Newcastle

Brighton

Sheff Utd

Very interesting. I’d put Palace higher up and West Ham lower down.

In my dream league Wolves would win it but I wonder if in real life they can sustain the performances of the last two seasons.

Still in dreamland, ‘Spurs would be second, the Villa and Sheffield United would do well. There would be a mass relegation of Leicester, Watford, So’ton, Bournemouth, Palace, Norwich and Brighton. Apologies to fans of any of them. They’ve not really done anything to deserve such unreasoned prejudice.

In my nightmares, Manchester United have to turn it round sometime but it may need a proper manager before that happens.

I’m changing my prediction method this season. I’ve put away my 1950s Charles Buchan’s Football Monthlies and I have banished hope and sentiment. Current form and measured potential will be the new system.

I predict a success rate of around 3.75%.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Very interesting. I’d put Palace higher up and West Ham lower down.

If Palace lose Zaha aswell as the full back then they are going to need strong reinforcements, I cant see it. West Ham HAVE to start punching their weight away to the likes of Wolves and if they get a goalscorer then they could be awesome. Defence and Midfield is solid.

Can’t see anyone getting into top 6 other than the usual 6, and to go down I fancy Palace, Norwich & Newcastle, although I wouldn’t be surprised if Brighton, Sheffield, Southampton and Bournemouth don’t all spend most of the season flirting with the drop zone.

I hope Spurs last a bit longer in the race with City & ‘Pool, with Chelsea United & Arsenal in spots 4-6 in any order.

On 10/07/2019 at 06:26, Gribz said:

Maybe a tad early to start the predictions but 4 weeks is super fast these days and then the most entertaining league in the world starts again - (noted entertaining and not best nor competitive). This can be the thread where me, Scott, Compo and Buster (with a few others) make a bum of ourselves with terrible weekly predictions.

Until the transfer window shuts its hard to judge where teams will be. However as it stands I think we could have a shift in the top 6. For me - at the moment Arsenal would drop out the top 8. Their away form is relegation form and they are only weaker to date. I see a horrendous defensive and no creative midfield and therefore Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Wolves are all better on paper and would go above Arsenal.

Man Utd are really interesting from a neutral perspective right now. I keep actually expecting them to turn a corner but they still have issues. Pogba is obviously a bad apple and Ive never seen the fascination of him as a player either, he couldnt lace Hazard, De Bruyne or David Silvas boots. But management wise they still havent got it right. OGS failed at Cardiff and has only had Molde. His honey moon period went away and they looked awful again. The only good thing for Man U is compared to Arsenal they actually do have players on paper who can win things. Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Sanchez on their day is a frightening 5.

If I was a betting man - As it stands id go.

Man City

Liverpool

Tottenham

Chelsea

Man Utd

Leicester

Wolves

Everton

Arsenal

West Ham

Watford

Southampton

Bournemouth

Crystal Palace

Norwich

Burnley

Aston Villa

Newcastle

Brighton

Sheff Utd

I'd be happy with that!!!

On 10/07/2019 at 14:24, compo said:

Man city

Spurs

Arsenal

Liverpool

West ham 

my top five .

and my three for the drop

Norwich

Burnley

Brighton 

That's a big call placing West Ham above Chelsea or Man Utd - what is driving your optimism? 

12 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

That's a big call placing West Ham above Chelsea or Man Utd - what is driving your optimism? 

Chelsea have appointed a dud as a manager and United already have a dud