Premier League 2019/20

Liverpool, lacking tempo, were struggling to break down 10 men behind the ball, then conceded, poorly, from one counter-attack, exacerbated by terrible refereeing.

They've also got a player playing out of position at Left-back because they've got no strength in depth at Full-back.

Sound familiar? :D 

The difference? They're continuously moving and rotating positions up front and in midfield, and have quality up front. It's now 2-1 to Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Liverpool, lacking tempo, were struggling to break down 10 men behind the ball, then conceded, poorly, from one counter-attack, exacerbated by terrible refereeing.

They've also got a player playing out of position at Left-back because they've got no strength in depth at Full-back.

Sound familiar? :D 

The difference? They're continuously moving and rotating positions up front and in midfield, and have quality up front. It's now 2-1 to Liverpool.

Two bits of shoddy defending cost Bournemouth a shock result 

Poor match. Liverpool just out in accuracy, just short of pace and just a little bit slow in anticipation. Margins between brilliance and mediocrity can sometimes be fine.

Bournemouth were poor but should have won 2-3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The premier league returns tonight , playing behind  closed doors that makes it unwatchable,  football without fans means nothing .

Aston Villa 1 Sheffield United 1

Manchester city 2 Arsenal  0 .

Watched a chunk of the city arsenal game, that fake fan noise is excruciatingly bad. Took me 30 mins to realise there was a fake-fan-free option on SS2.

City are still a good side but the lack of fans kills the tempo and no amount of fake noise can replicate that. 

A few pointers if you’ll indulge me;

David Luiz is still a really really poor defender.

DeBruyne is still a fabulously talented player.

Tierney is really poor, just what I’ve said all along that he can’t defend and he is proving it in spades tonight. The only time I’ve seen him get close enough to tackle he got booked! Still can’t believe they got anything like what was reported for him, that was pretty much fraud!