[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 Marseille (Candeias 17, 43; Goldson 63; Defoe 75)

28 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I just watched it on RTV...friendly or no that was a very quality performance.

??

Tom was great at commentating as usual, but I thought Ian Durrant was excellent.  His insight was really interesting and I hope he does more of it for RTV.

I can't remember the last time we had such an enjoyable start to the season.  There were so many positives to take from that performance, so much so hardly anyone has mentioned Aribo who was class.

Just watched the game back on RTV after spending the afternoon at Perth races and then watching the amazing drama of the cricket World Cup Final.

I really don’t care about scorelines in friendlies, for me it is all about getting match fitness levels up and while it seemed we played at an intensity which was impressive at this early stage, the same couldn’t really be said for our opponents, the French cheating scumbags of Marseille, who look miles away in terms of their preparation and coming off the back of a defeat at Accrington in midweek.

Im delighted we got through the game with no injuries, lots of players getting game time into the legs, scored some beautiful goals and looked defensively sound again, but it’s got to be taken in context as our opponents looked not much better than Oxford.

i did wonder when the friendly fixtures were announced why OM were second and we play Blackburn & Derby in the next two weeks when we are supposed to be playing better quality sides each week but after watching today you can see we have got the order bang on. I’m guessing the French league doesn’t start for weeks yet.

Really looking forward to Thursday and my first chance to see the team in person rather than on tv, and what should be another comfortable victory. 

8 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Really looking forward to Thursday and my first chance to see the team in person 

Couldn't agree more.  Really looking forward to Thursday.

A couple of posters have mentioned the seamless nature of the substitutions, which I agree with.  We made 6 or 7 substitutions and the way we played didn't change much, which is really promising. 

I also noticed Gerrard and Tav smiling when he was subbed and it symbolised the feel good factor we have just now.  I think we're all looking forward to this season.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Tom was great at commentating as usual, but I thought Ian Durrant was excellent.  His insight was really interesting and I hope he does more of it for RTV.

Agree with the comment about Durrant, and it made me wonder what his input was when he was assistant to McCoist.

1 hour ago, pete said:

I will go out on limb and say " If Celtic don't strengthen their midfield we will have a field day against them. Scott Brown and Rogic will be chasing shadows"

And if it pans out like that and they can't live with us who in this league can? I'm trying not to get too excited but that's becoming ever more difficult. On to Thursday which is likely to be a rout for the ages.

Been seeing a lot of people including media people questioning whether the likes of St Joes should be in the competition. My view is they should be entitled to the chance and if the likes of them weren't in it then who would we get in these qualifying rounds?

Likely far sterner opposition at a time we're not so prepared as we will be in a few weeks time after games against lowlier opposition. These are valuable warm ups for the real competition ahead.