Doing our bit A JOKE???

Here we are in our little Kingdom with a "nippy sweetie" leader alluding to what we can do to save the planet:roflmao2:

1) Recycle,recycle great idea when we have medical waste stockpiled due to closure of the firm, that dealt with it, due to non government assistance, saying lack of incinerators.

2) Leading on from above we have to dutifully segregate our waste into recyclables,cardboard/tin cans/newspapers/magazines in blue bins glass bottles in green bins and food into grey bins.Is anything actually done with this or is it part of the waste that is exported to the Far East causing the problems there?.

3) How many of the Scottish Parliament use the advised public transport or use bicycles advocated that the general public should do?.

Many more such questions could be asked but will never be answered.

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

How many of the Scottish Parliament use the advised public transport or use bicycles advocated

Humza had to for a while.  :D

Scottish people could all ditch our cars, recycle everything* and become vegans and it wouldn't make the slightest difference to the environment. 

*I don't drive and do recycle everything I can, before anyone starts. 

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

*I don't drive and do recycle everything I can, before anyone starts. 

Much of which they send straight to landfill anyway. 

13 minutes ago, compo said:

We drive and don't recycle it's just a load of bollocks 

You score only 2 on the Thunberg Scale ... But a resounding 8 on the Meldrew Spectrum.

Edited by Bill

Most people have to drive and unless teleporters appear, I don't see that changing.

I know two blokes who drive to work every day and they live less than ten minutes walk from the office.  That annoys me.

Today, I note reports that Scotland has reached peak wind power. Extrapolation decrees that every home in the country could be heated and lit by wind power provision. Further, there could be a surplus which would allow the northern English to be beneficiaries of heat and light.

We are no longer told the daily price of a barrel of oil(it's not 115$ a barrel), I hope we are kept fully informed on the daily price of a barrel of wind? All questions to Alex Salmond.

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Most people have to drive and unless teleporters appear, I don't see that changing.

I know two blokes who drive to work every day and they live less than ten minutes walk from the office.  That annoys me.

I've worked with hundreds of blokes who could work remote if employers would let them.

That also annoys me.