Thumbheid - ''street fighting rascal''

CELTIC’S street fighting rascal is getting back to where everyone associated at the club wants him to be, writes Neil Cameron.

Leigh Griffiths is not yet the player he once was, there’s still a bit to go, but Neil Lennon can see the spark has returned to a lad who is coming out of the darkness.

The Celtic manager said: “Griff was really good against Stade Rennais, particularly in the first half, but he was obviously fatigued as the game went on but I was delighted with him.

“Everyone likes a rascal and he’s got that in him. You don’t want to take that away from him but he knows he’s got to knuckle down and he’s really done that over the last couple of months.

“He’s looking well, even in training a lot sharper. You never lose that hunger. He’s from the streets and you never lose that competitive edge.

“I’m not saying he’s the finished article by any stretch of the imagination as yet but he’s going in the right direction.

“It’s down to him to not only get fit but to stay fit and the level we want him to be at. It’s not like a Last Chance Saloon or anything but he knows he’s at that stage of his career where it’s important to stay on top of things.

“He’s missed out on a lot of football but he seems in a good place and he’s had a lot of good advice from people behind the scenes at the club and is in control of things which is important.”

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17774304.celtic-39-s-street-fighting-rascal-leigh-griffiths-getting-back-best/

I have him down as more of a 'scamp'.

In no way do I consider him now, nor have I ever considered him, a pig thick,  pot ugly, hick town scrote, with the habits of an East St Louis whore, and the morals of an East St Louis pimp.

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I have him down as more of a 'scamp'.

In no way do I consider him now, nor have I ever considered him, a pig thick,  pot ugly, hick town scrote, with the habits of an East St Louis whore, and the morals of an East St Louis pimp.

Experience-wise, you’ve probably got the advantage of most of us there, Uilleam.

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Let me guess, Neil Cameron has penned that line?

Cameron is blatantly on Celtic or their PR company’s payroll.

He should never be forgiven for that “light abuse” article.

14 minutes ago, StuGers said:

Cameron is blatantly on Celtic or their PR company’s payroll.

He should never be forgiven for that “light abuse” article.

It's continually depressing that the depressive Neil Cameron pens another article about a fellow depressive(street fighting rascal), Leigh Griffiths, as opposed to the massive depressive(much misunderstood), Neil Lennon.

Why don't they form a self help group, meet on Sunday evenings inside the Brazen Head; that way it can all be contained within a circle of depression.