3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

On Sunday last, I parked on Brand Street and had several minutes to catch kick-off. I walked on to Whitefield Road and turned right into Ibrox Terrace. Thirty yards in on the right is a recently created kids' football pitch. It is a five-a-side affair, thirty yards by twenty, with five yard wide and one yard tall goals. Behind each goal is large green mesh fence to catch flying footballs. It's construction was part of the refurbishment of Ibroxholm Oval. It has been open for eighteen months and I have seen Kids playing on the facility. Not on Sunday, the grass was the height of the goal frames.

Further on up Ibrox Terrace, half-a-dozen Glasgow City employees were working in three pairs, issuing parking tickets to vehicles parked on the Terrace, Ibroxholm Oval, and Merrick Gardens. Two City Council hydraulic lift lorries were waiting to take a couple of vehicles to the city pound. The City Council were easily raising revenue in excess of a grand from those three smallish streets. Those parking have no excuses, every other lamp post has notification of parking restrictions and the abolition of free Sunday parking in Glasgow has had considerable publicity. 

Given the recent drug related death figures, the local Nationalist councilors insistence on the Hinshelwood football facility being open to locals to improve health, as opposed to being rented out on Saturday afternoons to Rangers for a Fan Zone, and the general constant cry as to the decreasing lack of facilities; is it reasonable to ask how much it costs the council to cut the grass? Surely, if they are accruing a grand or more in under an hour in the surrounding three streets, they can afford £20 for an employee on a tractor-mower to run across the pitch?

Failing that, if Rangers inquire as to it's availability as a possible venue for a Fan Zone, I am positive the local Councilors will be out mowing the grass themselves. The hypocrisy of Glasgow City Council, who would have thought?

I dont think the council cut grass if it's under  a certain square yardage I see many bits uncut when I visit the hospital 

• Frankie changed the title to Ibrox Terrace
19 hours ago, onevision said:

Its a poor show all around our stadium areas....compare that to the prestinely kept areas around the ahem ''velodrome'' ahem areas.

You do know that the Velodrome is a separate entity?