[FT] Rangers 6 - 0 St Joseph's (Aribo 3; Morelos 45+1, 57pen, 66; Defoe 77, 87)

Can't wait for tonight's game and hoping for a comfortable evening with a few more goals.

In terms of the team, I don't think the manager will make any big surprises in his selection and will try to maintain continuity to a degree with his starting XI whilst giving a chance to guys like Edmundson, Docherty and Hastie to see what they can do at this level - amongst others from the bench as the game progresses.

Morelos is a game or two behind others in his pre-season so he may well start ahead of Stewart or Defoe.

Here's my guess at the team (4-3-2-1):

rfc_stjos_b.jpg

Got to be all about players getting full match fitness and a bit of gelling with the new faces. A good few goals will go down well also. It will be interesting to see who SG goes with.

I think St Jo will be going in to this game to limit the damage to their reputation, so I expect ten men behind the ball again.  This will be a good thing though because it gives us another test against the type of team that caused us problems last season.

Success tonight will be a clean sheet, a few goals, and no injuries.  I know we (including me) were getting carried away with the potential scoreline but it won't surprise me if they limit our chances.

Really pleased Polster is starting. I think he’s possibly one of our most underrated players. I think he is a really good player technically but people seem to think he’s deadwood. 

Great chance for Hastie and Stewart too.