[FT] Rangers 6 - 0 St Joseph's (Aribo 3; Morelos 45+1, 57pen, 66; Defoe 77, 87)

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 6 - 0 St Joseph's (Aribo 3; Morelos 45+1, 57pen, 66; Defoe 77, 87)

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that.  This quality of football (notwithstanding the quality of opposition) is a joy to watch.

Stewart, Pollster, Halliday, Edmundson and Docherty have all made a claim for a starting role with that performance.

More good stuff again from us tonight.

Of course St Joseph's are a few levels below us but we moved the ball about very well and took a good portion of the chances we created. Can't ask for much more at this stage.   In terms of individuals, a few folk showed up well for me. Aribo and Docherty stood out whilst Morelos, Stewart and Defoe were all threats in attack. Polster and Goldson can be happy with ensuring the ball kept moving too. All in all, a fine team performance.

Now, for Progres...

Good energy tonight, Docherty was all over the pitch, Morelos hattrick excellent, Aribo was also excellent.

Halliday for me is still our best LB, I know the level of opposition isn't great but he never stops pushing forward and is decent in defence.

Polster I watched with interest as Tav was rested, he did really well and seems to be the obvious back up for Tav, however it shows how we miss Tav with his forward play.

All in a very professional performance.

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

McPake sure doesn`t looked fazed nor just 17 ...

Has the ability to be an impact sub for us. Having said that he did look a bit nervous tonight. 

I only saw parts of the game but I think Polster took his opportunity to show the fans he’s a very good back up for right back and even centre mid. Very comfortable in possession. 

Edmundsson has really surprised me, it’s early days but we might just have unearthed a gem there!

Edited by DMAA

They may be a few levels below us but so are that lot the sheep played tonight and that was an entirely different result. Sheep list an early goal and as it stood at that stage they were out on away goals. They needed a penalty to get back into it and an injury time goal to kill it.

We’re looking good. Scoring freely and still conceding nothing. The Killie game will give us a better idea of where we are.