[FT] Rangers 6 - 0 St Joseph's (Aribo 3; Morelos 45+1, 57pen, 66; Defoe 77, 87)

As usual a honest reaction interview from SG, and he nailed the first half for me, we were too safe, too square, too boring. Much improved in second half with more off the ball running into spaces, more forward passes into dangerous areas, more overlapping, a really good watch in second half for what was effectively a bounce game against an amateur side.

Same again the next two Thursdays please!

11 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that.  This quality of football (notwithstanding the quality of opposition) is a joy to watch.

Stewart, Pollster, Halliday, Edmundson and Docherty have all made a claim for a starting role with that performance.

There were too many instances in the first half when I thought, 'Mmm... Polster's not doing it for me here': Wayward crosses or misplaced passes, getting caught on the ball, being indecisive etc.  

And then in the second half I thought he was brilliant! He has a wonderful cross on him!

Hastie tried too hard, as you said. Still raw, but he looks like he has something about him. He is only 20!

Stewart was class; Halliday worked his socks off, and was unlucky not to have a hat-trick himself (!); Edmundson was cool and composed; and Docherty was phenomenal, covering every blade of grass. 

8 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

As usual a honest reaction interview from SG, and he nailed the first half for me, we were too safe, too square, too boring. Much improved in second half with more off the ball running into spaces, more forward passes into dangerous areas, more overlapping, a really good watch in second half for what was effectively a bounce game against an amateur side.

Same again the next two Thursdays please!

A little hypocritical as he said the week before when we played crap in the first half that he thought we played better in the first half as we were wearing the other team down. In the first half yesterday we had St.J's chasing shadows. Aribo was brilliant. The second half seemed to pass him by. I thought Polster had a good game but he didn't have to defend. He should be like me though and let his wife do the talking.:P