[FT] Rangers 6 - 0 St Joseph's (Aribo 3; Morelos 45+1, 57pen, 66; Defoe 77, 87)

49 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

There were too many instances in the first half when I thought, 'Mmm... Polster's not doing it for me here': Wayward crosses or misplaced passes, getting caught on the ball, being indecisive etc.  

And then in the second half I thought he was brilliant! He has a wonderful cross on him!

Haha, for full disclosure I only saw the second half. Surprised he was misplacing passes though, possession play is normally his strength. 

51 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Hastie tried too hard, as you said. Still raw, but he looks like he has something about him. He is only 20!

Stewart was class; Halliday worked his socks off, and was unlucky not to have a hat-trick himself (!); Edmundson was cool and composed; and Docherty was phenomenal, covering every blade of grass. 

Agree with this. Hastie was nervous, but I was delighted to see he is a fantastic crosser of the ball. He’s also a very good finisher. Docherty be really important this season. There are times you need Kamara and Davis and there’s are times you need someone to do a lot more breaking forward and Docherty is that guy. We’ve lacked a centre mid who can carry the ball forward and get in the oppositions box. Very exciting season ahead. 

I don't think any of our players had a great game last night.  Kamara was as poor as I've seen him, Docherty ran around loads but like Hastie, looked a  bit too eager to impress.

There were long segments of the first half where we were just passing the ball around aimlessly. 

Beating part-time sides 6-0 is run of the mill stuff.  

11 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Sometimes it's easy to forget just how special morelos is. 

For twenty minutes he reminded me why I love this game.  He is a superstar, moody, flawed but sensational at times.

55 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Beating part-time sides 6-0 is run of the mill stuff.

Very true but Rangers have often struggled to do that in recent times.

10 - 0 on aggregate was pretty much on the money as a reflection of play. 

We could have scored more, perhaps should have done so, but we seemed kind of slow to warm up, and early season stickiness and slackness was apparent, too, quite clearly in the 1st half of each game. Pleasingly, these were ironed out, satisfactorily, in both matches. 

We got the job done, played some decent football, and emerged, as far as I know, without injuries. All positives, as they say.

Kilmarnock, on the other hand, managed, desperately, if amusingly, to demonstrate that, for some, there are no easy games in world football, and its European adventure is over; that is, if one trip to NE Wales counts as European travel.