[FT] Rangers 6 - 0 St Joseph's (Aribo 3; Morelos 45+1, 57pen, 66; Defoe 77, 87)

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

The only concern I have is that we still seem to need a half time bollocking to achieve any decent tempo.

Well, still more or less pre-season and yesterday`s side was to a large extend playing alongside one another for the first time. The final third in the first half was somewhat disjointed ... yet, I would assume that will change after a few weeks of competitive football, even with those who won't be first pick every week.

While I do appreciate that St Joes are part timers I’m still content with the manner of our victory. Killie were playing part timers with a stadium capacity of 1,500 and are out. The sheep were playing a team with a stadium capacity of 4,000 and a squad value of just 2 million pounds and labored to get through it.

We won 10-0 over the 2 legs while still not fully fit and rarely getting out of second gear plus arguably haven’t even fielded the strongest 11. While it’s not a sure guide of where we are it is encouraging. 

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

As an aside, what were the white socks all about last night?  We should always wear our home socks at Ibrox.

Red socks I can live with but white socks are ghastly.

St Jo's asked if we would do that because it clashed with their preferred strip and we obliged.  Under the circumstances I think it was the right thing for us to do.  Having said that, I do agree that we could have worn red socks instead.  I know you weren't impressed with us last night but I was and that meant I didn't care one bit about the socks we wore.

37 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

St Jo's asked if we would do that because it clashed with their preferred strip and we obliged

Fair enough.

37 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I know you weren't impressed with us last night

I thought we played well when Arfield came on.  

We appear to be moving in the right direction even while not up to speed and not playing a steady first 11. Is that 18 goals scored and still none conceded? At this stage I don’t think we would have expected any more.