Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

RANGERS chiefs have lost the latest round of a long-running court fight with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley.

A company in the Sports Direct Group, SDI Retail Services, has said bosses at the Glasgow football club have been in breach of obligations under a deal relating to replica kit.

Bosses at Rangers disputed claims made against them.

Judge Lionel Persey finished overseeing the latest in a series of hearings at the High Court in London earlier this year.

He said on Friday, at a High Court hearing in London, that he had ruled in favour of SDI after analysing a number of issues in the latest stage of the dispute.

The judge has not yet published a full ruling outlining the detail of that dispute or the reasoning behind his decision.

In June he ruled on the meaning of one agreement after lawyers representing the rival camps were unable to agree the terms of that agreement.

A ruling outlining the reasoning behind that decision has recently been published online. Rangers lost a round of the fight in October.

Another judge ruled Rangers had breached the terms of an agreement made with SDI.

Mr Justice Teare concluded bosses at Rangers had made a new agreement with another firm without giving SDI a chance to match that firm's offer.

SDI subsequently made further complaints.

We told last month how Rangers mounted a legal challenge amid the dispute with Mike Ashley.

Rangers chiefs previously decided the club megastore will only be open on matchdays.

The shock move will see the huge merchandise shop shut throughout the week.

Fans found out after a small notice was stuck to a door reading: "Store open on matchdays only. Please visit: Rangersmegastore.com".

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4505301/rangers-sports-direct-mike-ashley-court/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1563553644

I have this feeling of deja vu.

He's not going to go away till he drains every last penny he can out of our club.

I also have one four letter word that i use to describe him , but  i'll refrain from using it.

55 minutes ago, rbr said:

It's our own board and legal team that have royally screwed this up , blame them no one else 

Well, the problem is that his original contract was essentially massively leeching money away from the club. Methinks we got a better deal with SD after some debate, but then we decided to whip up a new deal without the consent of SD. And the latter bit is what we talk about above, don't we? One may call it amateurish or the like, but I would assume that those who did it on our side were sure that it worked ...

23 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Well, the problem is that his original contract was essentially massively leeching money away from the club. Methinks we got a better deal with SD after some debate, but then we decided to whip up a new deal without the consent of SD. And the latter bit is what we talk about above, don't we? One may call it amateurish or the like, but I would assume that those who did it on our side were sure that it worked ...

I think Ashely realised after 7 years he had nothing. He gave us a little better deal but tied us up  on a rolling contract which looks to be cast in stone,

Club1872 were conned into wasting millions of members money to buy his shares at the same time DK told the world that the new deal had solved the problem , well guess what folks it hadn’t and didn’t and we are still stuck with this mess and it’s costing us , and going to cost us millions , the only thing that is saving this board is the football side , because off field we are still a joke , memorial garden anyone .