Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

33 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Maybe you're exaggerating for effect, but that's nowhere near as bad as where we were.  I explained the tactics earlier and I'm quite happy that we continue to push this.  This new board has been doing a great job on and off the park and I can't see what they've done wrong here.  Our current situation with SD is about four million times (almost exactly in financial terms) better than before, and I'd expect a lot more court appearances before a conclusion is reached.

Ok , sometimes you need to draw a line in the sand when debating , you are more than entitled to your opinion , just as I am to mine , let’s see how this plays out , I hope I’m wrong and your correct I really do .

1 hour ago, rbr said:

Ok , sometimes you need to draw a line in the sand when debating , you are more than entitled to your opinion , just as I am to mine , let’s see how this plays out , I hope I’m wrong and your correct I really do .

Ok, but I wasn't claiming to be right.  I was checking my understanding but it just seemed like you were claiming that this was so much worse than the previous deal and I couldn't work out why anyone would think that.

We can definitely both agree that we hope we can sort this out at some point, and that it's unlikely to be sorted any time soon.  At least we've got great football to enjoy in the meantime.  ? 

On 20/07/2019 at 01:59, craig said:

Easy enough to get around.  Create a company from wealthy supporters, have them capitalize said company, make said company a sports distribution company, offer a ton of money to act as distributor, show Ashley the offer, have him refuse to match the price (because it’s too exorbitant), contract goes to other, friendly bidder, bidders give RFC the funds (which could have went into RFC anyway as capital) and the cycle with Ashley is broken.

All the above is hypothetical..... and I’m probably missing something but I don’t see why it couldn’t be done.

Sounds good right enough but there’s an air of illegality about it, what exactly, I don’t know. Unfair commercial practice? Circumvention?

It must be very difficult to break the contract as it stands. The shareholders might have some remedy against the officers of the company who agreed the terms but that doesn’t get rid of Ashley unless there were inducements. Of somesuch (#dB) there is not a shred of evidence.

The questions are: is the legal advice unsound, is the Board proceeding contrary to advice or is there a strategy leading up to a devastating counter attack?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Spleen-venting almost never serves any constructive purpose, especially when those doing it have absolutely no influence over the matter at hand.

Your absolutely spot on , sad but very very true , and that's why I decided that Club1872 were no longer for me and fan ownership IMHO is pointless

3 minutes ago, rbr said:

Your absolutely spot on , sad but very very true , and that's why I decided that Club1872 were no longer for me and fan ownership IMHO is pointless

We share common ground on Club1872, an organisation with huge potential that's barking up entirely the wrong tree. It was the right tree several years ago but somehow they missed the tipping point and are now just drifting. 

On 20/07/2019 at 11:28, pete said:

This contract was passed by this board and not the last one. They obviously thought they had a get out of jail free card but it looks like the fat man has the Mayfair and Park lane covered

Just read the judgement. It reads like a long list of complaints being mocked by the judge as he knocks them back. 

That is absolutely horrific for us , in fact it should lead to people leaving the club , James Blair for one .

This is going to cost us millions , the judge has stated that the £1 million cap is not sufficient , plus we owe them for this year and next year , theElite deal cannot continue from next season ( possible action by Elite ) , oh this just gets worse and worse for us .

Edited by rbr