Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Never mind Blair will Rangers survive this if the fat man instructs his legal team to take us to the cleaners. 

I think a major income stream is likely to be damaged but we haven't exactly been raking it in, on that front especially, for years.

I'm generally sceptical about posts, regarding King and Ashley, on RangersMedia.  Posters on there are entitled to their opinion but they seem to hate FollowFollow more than Mike Ashley, which is just bonkers.

21 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Rangers have made a statement. 

It's trumpesq 

I’m struggling to understand the issue they think fans have with the recent court decision. If they think they only need to be reassured that they’ll still be able to purchase this seasons replica kits then they have massively underestimated the fans concerns. 

I just hope they have a plan b, because it sounds like they have gambled on the £1m penalty being the worst case scenario. 

I actually don’t care that much if I’m buying merchandise from SD or Elite or whomever else, as long as the club is getting the best deal. I would prefer it not to be SD obviously, but I’d rather that and the club didn’t have to pay penalties of £1m (or possibly much more + legal costs). 

I think they need to engage the fans on this. If SD is the best deal on the table (or equal best) the fans would not boycott them...and perhaps the club think we would....or am I wide of the mark? 

What I don't get is the "hypothetical situation" in that IF we knew about the claim re an SDI company,that even if they had put in a rival tender we were not obliged to accept their offer so still have progressed the way we did?.

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

What I don't get is the "hypothetical situation" in that IF we knew about the claim re an SDI company,that even if they had put in a rival tender we were not obliged to accept their offer so still have progressed the way we did?.

If they matched the best offer we had to go with them. 

David Edgar said that he thought this was not over and could go on for years. All avenues have not been exhausted.  Rangers are also suing SD for 3mil that they say they owe us.