Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

56 minutes ago, compo said:

Just a simple question from a simple old man if we cant wear Hummel kit and I suppose that rules out other companies kits,  what the fuck will we wear .?

We will need to strike a new deal and offer Ashley the chance to match it. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

We will need to strike a new deal and offer Ashley the chance to match it. 

I'll offer to supply official kit to Rangers next season. I'll give a guaranteed pledge of £25,000,000 payable in the first year and agree to give Rangers 50% of all profits. I have no doubt Rangers will be so impressed they will decide to pledge an investment in my sportswear company, probably in the region of (say) £25,000,000 in return for 49% of my equity. I will then sub-contract the supply of Rangers kit to someone reputable (Hummel for example) who will manufacture and supply to me as contract holder.

At the end of the day, it was well documented last year that we were legally obliged to let Ashley match whatever deal we were offered. In theory the club couldn’t lose out either way. You have to wonder what bright spark thought we could just ignore this and hope SD wouldn’t notice. The same bright spark who reckoned Pedro Caixinha was the man to replace Mark Warburton, maybe..?

16 hours ago, 917 said:

At the end of the day, it was well documented last year that we were legally obliged to let Ashley match whatever deal we were offered. In theory the club couldn’t lose out either way. You have to wonder what bright spark thought we could just ignore this and hope SD wouldn’t notice. The same bright spark who reckoned Pedro Caixinha was the man to replace Mark Warburton, maybe..?

Caixinha was Parks doing and not King's.