Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

37 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hummel out of the picure, literally. 

When were the two pictures taken?  Or has one been altered?

No, Hummel is off the website too. Looks like that’s us done with them, due to that Jabba, sweaty, horrible, buffet greed monster!!!

I don't understand this latest development.  There was nothing in the judgement from the court case that suggests we needed to change the relationship with Hummel.  Is this something that is being forced upon us, or a tactic from us.  Either way the club will have to make some sort of announcement.  I appreciate the tactics cannot be disclosed but in the absence of anything it will obviously cause some concern.

I think the support has made abundantly clear its concerns about this. But since the support is in no position to do anything other than express its opinion, it's probably better to focus on the football now and wait patiently for those who actually can do something about it to make their next move. 

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I don't understand this latest development.  There was nothing in the judgement from the court case that suggests we needed to change the relationship with Hummel.  Is this something that is being forced upon us, or a tactic from us.  Either way the club will have to make some sort of announcement.  I appreciate the tactics cannot be disclosed but in the absence of anything it will obviously cause some concern.

First of all and this is merely my unqualified reading of the situation. There hasn't really been any new developments as it is contained in the original judgement, this is a clarification of that by the Justice.

On the face of it its not a particularly great result but at the same time its not the end of the world either. The media have concentrated on two paragraphs of the injunction in 6 and 7 yet have omitted findings in further paragraphs namely para 11 sections 1, 2 and 3. It does say that SDI are being given the right to match the offer on the 3rd year of the Elite/Hummel deal. It doesn't stop RIFC selling kit this year. This clarification more or less solidifies retail and manufacture into separate concerns/issues effectively splitting the existing deal in two which is important since SDI don't manufacture kit themselves. It also later states in para 11, and this is fairly crucial, given that SDI has previous for *fuckingabout* that, should they do that and hamper RIFC's necessity to register the official kit with SFA and UEFA by the deadline dates for 20/21 then RIFC would have liberty to challenge the order.

So what does that really mean for Rangers? Well it boils down to RIFC and SDI will now have to come to terms with regards to the deal for 20/21 and here is the kicker that is being missed by the media. Its as much of a shot across SDI's bows as it is RIFC's because it includes the option for RIFC to return to court should SDI, as they have previous, drag their heels effectively blocking kit registration to the above organisations for that season.

Edited by Big Jaws

14 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Look at the background.

Thanks shows how bad I am at spot the difference?

Regards Hummel will this mean closure of St. Enoch shop as all branded merchandise is for Hummel?.

• 2 weeks later...