Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

24 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Apparently there are links between Ashley and Desmond. He's apparently played golf with him in Barbados, he appointed one of his closest long term associates to the Newcastle board. It seems every deal/contract Ashley tied Rangers into with the help of fraudsters like Green were designed to cause the ultimate harm to the club. £1 for the Ibrox naming rights, 7 year notice period, almost all profit for shirt sales going to SD. How isn't this a police matter? This isn't just a clever businessman this looks like a coordinated attempt to sabotauge Rangers' recovery.

It's painful and frustrating to watch. Especially when we're then told we have to play by the rules to get back to normality. Like someone said before, Mike Ashleys business world, its laws and the people in it, is a swamp. 

As a club and support we need to learn from this. 

35 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Apparently there are links between Ashley and Desmond. He's apparently played golf with him in Barbados, he appointed one of his closest long term associates to the Newcastle board.

I have suspected for a long time there is collusion in some form between Ashley and Desmond but have no proof? It may even simply be verbal agreements or through mediators but you certainly have a point imo DMAA. 

55 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm not sure it's in the best interests of this website to be calling people "fraudsters".

I'm not speaking on behalf of the website it's a personal opinion, and I don't think anybody is going to combing through fans forums looking for people who've said things about them that they can't prove. The police went as far as arresting him for fraud remember, they probably just didn't have enough hard evidence.

57 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

I have suspected for a long time there is collusion in some form between Ashley and Desmond but have no proof? It may even simply be verbal agreements or through mediators but you certainly have a point imo DMAA. 

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/is-dermot-desmond-fit-and-proper-part-1-dermot-desmonds-tax-case-part-1-the-aviva-stadium/

Quote below from this piece

I also know that this is just the start because I outed a shed load of financial shenanigans involving Dermot Desmond and his band of merry men -including Mike Ashley- and a bunch of crooked E.U politicians who also appear in the off shore papers, in a blog I did back in 2014 called Operation E.U Tree which you can read by clicking below.

Here's the piece he references in the quote above

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/operation-e-u-tree/

And a couple of quotes from it here

Charlie McCreevy is very CLOSE business and social friends with Celtic Football Club owner Dermot Desmomd. Infact in one rare newspaper interview From 23 OCTOBER 2004 titled “Inside the mind of Dermot Desmond” he speaks of his admiration for former Finance Minister Charlie McCreevy

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0410/1224314568400.html

He goes on to document a number of business links between Desmond and McCreevy and then he says

A note for Rangers fans is that Charlie McCreevy joined the board of Sports Direct International plc on 31 March 2011 as a non-executive director. Owned by Mike Ashley who has an involvment with the Club as a major share holder.

I don't know the details of this, what are the facts behind him saying Ashley is in Desmond's "band of merry men"? It's proof of nothing but still worrying stuff given what seems coordinated and obsessive sabotauge of Rangers Football Club by Mike Ashley. Seems to me that the line that "we crossed him and he doesn't like being crossed" might just be the perfect cover story for him.

Edited by DMAA

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/is-dermot-desmond-fit-and-proper-part-1-dermot-desmonds-tax-case-part-1-the-aviva-stadium/

Quote below from this piece

Here's the piece he references in the quote above

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/operation-e-u-tree/

And a couple of quotes from it here

He goes on to document a number of business links between Desmond and McCreevy and then he says

I don't know the details of this, what are the facts behind him saying Ashley is in Desmond's "band of merry men"? It's proof of nothing but still worrying stuff given what seems coordinated and obsessive sabotauge of Rangers Football Club by Mike Ashley. Seems to me that the line that "we crossed him and he doesn't like being crossed" might just be the perfect cover story for him.

I am sure I am not the only one who suspects a long line of skullduggery in everything that’s happened since 2012. It’s finding proof that either seems to be difficult, or we don’t have the connections to unearth it?

Beginning with being done over by Green and Whyte (were the names really just Ironic?) to all this with Ashley and perhaps Desmond? There is deflection going on everywhere at the moment but the Jeanie is out the bottle. We have to keep looking for breadcrumbs and tenaciously chase the evidence. It’s not only historical child abuse they are covering up imo!

Can we stop with the ridiculous Ashley-Desmond stuff, please? Ashley is in it for the money. That is more than enough motivation for a guy like him.

Sadly I think our best chance here is that Sports Direct or Ashley himself will go bust before next summer, what with his £650million European tax bill. There does seem to be a personal vendetta between Dave King & Ashley, and both are possibly cutting off their nose to spite their face to a certain extent, but one thing is sure - Ashley has better lawyers!

Just now, 917 said:

Can we stop with the ridiculous Ashley-Desmond stuff, please? Ashley is in it for the money. That is more than enough motivation for a guy like him.

Why is it ridiculous that those two would share business secrets? All businessmen and women network so why would Jabba not do the same with Desmond?

55 minutes ago, 917 said:

Sadly I think our best chance here is that Sports Direct or Ashley himself will go bust before next summer, what with his £650million European tax bill. There does seem to be a personal vendetta between Dave King & Ashley, and both are possibly cutting off their nose to spite their face to a certain extent, but one thing is sure - Ashley has better lawyers!

Why would one want to stop looking into ties between public-enemy No. 1 Ashley and the Celtioc boss?

As for the tax problems of Sports Direct ... even if they go bust (after another 5 years through the courts?), any administrator will come back and look for debts to collect for the SDI creditors et al, I would assume.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

As for the tax problems of Sports Direct ... even if they go bust (after another 5 years through the courts?), any administrator will come back and look for debts to collect for the SDI creditors et al, I would assum

Wouldn’t surprise me if he put SD into administration which would obviously help us. They still owe us £3m remember, so we can start there. He wasn’t expecting this and the tax authorities in Europe are coming for him.

These billionaire crook.. sorry, entrepreneurs all know each other anyway. Dermot Desmond is actually doing the same thing to celtic that Ashley is to Newcastle, which is making a profit for himself, albeit on a smaller scale. This situation is down to Ashley’s greed & Dave King’s incompetent legal team. Leave the insane conspiracy theories to the other mob..