26 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I've booked tickets in Club Deck 2 for myself and my cousin who is coming from Australia for first time in 30 years.

Can anyone tell me what the view is like from there, as it's some time since I've been there myself?

You don't get a view of the near side, but furthest away corner area, but other than it's great.  You are of course high up, but I like it because you can see more of the shape of the team and spot the runs of players better in my opinion.  Only the very end sections of the club deck give any sort of viewing problems, but even then it's fine.

Used to have my season ticket up there. If you are within the pitch lines and not far back then its awesome views but there is a lot of restricted viewing the further wide you go. 

The climb is a bit of a trek though especially if a few shandys is had.

Just now, cooponthewing said:

Always wondered why there was no thought to sticking in escalators? The climb is brutal!

Have you ever sat up the back at Dortmund  it is twice as bad. You need an oxygen mask.:D Against Celtic in December last year I sat up the very top of the Club deck and can't really remember any issues except the climb. I am not sure if I could see the nearside touchline or not but i was too nervous and happy to worry about it.

33 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Always wondered why there was no thought to sticking in escalators? The climb is brutal!

Used to enter my head weekly! To be fair i was in my early 20s then and used to run up. My best mate at the time was a 16 stoner and i just used to wait for him at our seats.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

I've booked tickets in Club Deck 2 for myself and my cousin who is coming from Australia for first time in 30 years.

Can anyone tell me what the view is like from there, as it's some time since I've been there myself?

You used to be able to go on official website and view from your seat, not sure if you can still do that?

59 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Ditto. I eventually moved from CD5 to the Main Stand, mainly because of that awful bloody climb but also my shins could no longer take the bashing from the seat about six inches in front.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ditto. I eventually moved from CD5 to the Main Stand, mainly because of that awful bloody climb but also my shins could no longer take the bashing from the seat about six inches in front.

Fair point, you are right there. The row infront seemed to be way too near and the shins were always bashing.