The Johnsonian Age

47 minutes ago, Bill said:

It’s entirely in keeping with modern politics that we should strive to ensure future failure by focussing all possible attention on past failure and ignoring the present at all costs.

Diane Abbott hasn't made any public arithmetical errors this month.  Would you afford her the same allowances if she were to become Chancellor of the Exchequer?

In my opinion, Johnson can thank his lucky stars Labour are currently such a shambles. 

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Diane Abbott hasn't made any public arithmetical errors this month.  Would you afford her the same allowances if she were to become Chancellor of the Exchequer?

In my opinion, Johnson can thank his lucky stars Labour are currently such a shambles. 

I’m affording allowances to no one. I’m simply pointing out that the current priority is to ensure failure by strangling any possibility of success while it’s still in the womb of opportunity. You might say that’s justified but who exactly profits from it?

I suppose it depends whose point of view you're reading.  

Some press/political observers are keen to afford Johnson the benefit of the doubt.  That's the subjective nature of politics.  

53 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I see Boris has appointed Asians as Chancellor and Home Secretary the racist, Islamophobe bastard that he is ....:ph34r:

Worse, there are women involved! The chauvinistic misogynist bastard.

There's no getting away from it, this is a fucking disaster for Britain. 

He's only been PM for a few hours and already he's appointed an entire cabinet who all appear to agree with each other. Worse still the buffoon has had the audacity to display optimism and show confidence in the UK. He needs brought down pronto before this contagion of unacceptable positivity spreads among the population.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

There's no getting away from it, this is a fucking disaster for Britain. 

He's only been PM for a few hours and already he's appointed an entire cabinet who all appear to agree with each other. Worse still the buffoon has had the audacity to display optimism and show confidence in the UK. He needs brought down pronto before this contagion of unacceptable positivity spreads among the population.

BoJo getting the job puts the Union at risk and who knows over the water? There are plenty of torques down there who would happily cut Scotland and NI adrift. It’s worrying times tbh?

We need a Primal Scream here and the Unionist community need to all vote Conservative and trust  Ruth Davidson. That’s the only way to go in Scotland, it’s the only way to stop the republicans.

Edited by cooponthewing

10 hours ago, forlanssister said:

I see Boris has appointed Asians as Chancellor and Home Secretary the racist, Islamophobe bastard that he is ....:ph34r:

On a point of information is Patel hindu? Or Christian even?