The Johnsonian Age

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A bloke turns up with a pro-Brexit placard and someone shouts, "Nazi" at him.  

Deary f*cking me.

One minute you're banning handguns, the next you've got weedy morons acting brave on the streets of London. Now I'm not claiming a perfect correlation here but there was definitely less gratuitous name calling when you could get shot for it. ?

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Go here https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/07/the-anti-boris-demo-was-a-screech-of-middle-class-rage/ 

There’s something not right about the Middle Class swearing. It’s not done well.

Tbh I don't like the working class doing it either. My old dad used to say, "there's some excuse for an old ignoramus like me who left school at 14, but you with your education should know better." In fact, dad was really articulate.

10 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

There is absolutely nothing revolutionary about Boris as the Spectator claims: on the contrary, he represents the most reactionary class in the UK.

The fact he is PM illustrates perfectly how screwed we all are. The plus side is I reckon he would be a good laugh, so that evens it up...........

Johnson, along with Trump and Brexit*, are all examples of what happens when you push identity politics incessantly. 

Keep telling us about 'white privilege' and sexual inequality and watch it get worse.

Lessons aren't being learned.

*I wouldn't vote for Trump or Johnson.

I'm sure this will turn out to be the wrong survey or the wrong question presented to the wrong people .. or some other wrong ... but it does make nice reading on a Sunday morning.

Edited by Bill

8 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

The fact he is PM illustrates perfectly how screwed we all are.

Don't worry because we are not screwed at all.

We still have the right to vote so you could select an alternative goverment instead.

We would be screwed if the right to vote was withdrawn though.

9 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Tbh I don't like the working class doing it either. My old dad used to say, "there's some excuse for an old ignoramus like me who left school at 14, but you with your education should know better." In fact, dad was really articulate.

Did he ever take you aside and tell you that you were too educated to spread misinformation on internet forums?

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

We still have the right to vote so you could select an alternative goverment instead.

What a diverse choice it is.  The non-conservative Conservatives, a Labour Party that has forgotten to represent traditional Labour voters, the illiberal anti-Democrats, the Scottish nationalists, who are opposed to independence or the Greens, who have shrill headbangers like Lucas and Harvie at the helm.