Rangers new inclusion & diversity campaign

TODAY Rangers is proud to launch a ground-breaking campaign, ‘Everyone Anyone’ which aims to unite people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities.

This new initiative will promote Rangers as a modern football club through which fans can come together and support a common cause – equality for everyone.

In collaboration with the Rangers Charity Foundation, we will work across the club to champion diversity, encourage tolerance and understanding, and promote positive behaviour as part of this ambitious new strategy.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/rangers-launch-new-diversity-inclusion-campaign/

It's a tick-box publicly exercise really, isn't it.  All clubs do it, which makes it generic and rather hollow - particularly when fs's post is taken into consideration.

Edited by Gonzo79

Yes, its an absolutely hollow gesture from the club which annoys me.

Get the feckin wheelchair spaces sorted, get access for disabled fans sorted, dont make a song and dance about it, just get it feckin done.

While all our supporters are taken for granted at times, the disabled Rangers supporters are treated with utter contempt and as a club we should be ashamed of how little we have done in this area.

But never mind, we have clearly spent a large sum of money on this campaign which will do very little to nothing to improve access/facilities for match-going fans on matchdays, so all must be good then!

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Yes, its an absolutely hollow gesture from the club which annoys me.

Get the feckin wheelchair spaces sorted, get access for disabled fans sorted, dont make a song and dance about it, just get it feckin done.

While all our supporters are taken for granted at times, the disabled Rangers supporters are treated with utter contempt and as a club we should be ashamed of how little we have done in this area.

But never mind, we have clearly spent a large sum of money on this campaign which will do very little to nothing to improve access/facilities for match-going fans on matchdays, so all must be good then!

Surely you are not having a go at the club for focussing it's finances on putting a winning team on the park?

There's no doubt that there are many competing priorities for the limited finances available.  Maybe Club 1872 could take this issue up on behalf of the fans.

That aside, I welcome publicity like this because we need to do all we can as a club to make it clear that any intolerance is condemned by the club.  That's surely a positive thing, even if it's  unlikely to result in change.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Surely you are not having a go at the club for focussing it's finances on putting a winning team on the park?

There's no doubt that there are many competing priorities for the limited finances available.  Maybe Club 1872 could take this issue up on behalf of the fans.

That aside, I welcome publicity like this because we need to do all we can as a club to make it clear that any intolerance is condemned by the club.  That's surely a positive thing, even if it's  unlikely to result in change.

No @Gaffer I was referring to the Anyone Everyone campaign which the thread is about, a total waste of time if the club is not going to look after our match-going fans or comply with recommended guidelines for number of disabled/wheelchair seats/spaces. Its just a grubby PR exercise from the club. 

Concerned that Rangers’ female supporters are being thrown under the bus by the club in their endorsing of the gender identity agenda. This woke nonsense impresses no one but the politicians. 

Edited by Charloch

3 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

No @Gaffer I was referring to the Anyone Everyone campaign which the thread is about, a total waste of time if the club is not going to look after our match-going fans or comply with recommendguidelines for number of disabled/wheelchair seats/spaces. Its just a grubby PR exercise from the club. 

That's exactly what it is, squalid virtue signalling.

When I see shit like this and the SD issue I realise just how much still has to be done to strengthen the management team running the club.

3 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

No @Gaffer I was referring to the Anyone Everyone campaign which the thread is about, a total waste of time if the club is not going to look after our match-going fans or comply with recommended guidelines for number of disabled/wheelchair seats/spaces. Its just a grubby PR exercise from the club. 

Sadly my personal experience over the decades just backs that up.

I've been the Chairman of the Rangers Disabled Supporters Club for more years than I care to remember, sat as the disabled representative on the Rangers Fans Board, been on the Disability Matter Group since its inception.

This scheme was apparently 18 months in the making and yet the first I heard about it was when I saw it on twitter.