Rangers new inclusion & diversity campaign

57 minutes ago, Charloch said:

Concerned that Rangers’ female supporters are being thrown under the bus by the club in their endorsing of the gender identity agenda.

Gender neutral toilets will have to be built, next to the prayer room and chapel.  Disabled fans don't whine enough to come higher up the list on the identity politicking hierarchy (that's a compliment, fs).  

14 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Sadly my personal experience over the decades just backs that up.

I've been the Chairman of the Rangers Disabled Supporters Club for more years than I care to remember, sat as the disabled representative on the Rangers Fans Board, been on the Disability Matter Group since its inception.

This scheme was apparently 18 months in the making and yet the first I heard about it was when I saw it on twitter.

Can club 1872 not help with this?  That's really disappointing to hear about your experience, and I'd hope that's exactly the type of cause that Club 1872 would want to fight for.

Edited by Gaffer

7 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Can club 1872 not help with this?  That's really disappointing to hear about your experience, and I'd hope that's exactly the type of cause that Club 1872 wouldn't want to fight for.

Club 1872 tender to the board.

11 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Can club 1872 not help with this?  That's really disappointing to hear about your experience, and I'd hope that's exactly the type of cause that Club 1872 wouldn't want to fight for.

If there's shares in it Club1872 will be right on the case. If not then you might be calling the wrong number.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If there's shares in it Club1872 will be right on the case. If not then you might be calling the wrong number.

Although I'm a member, I don't keep up to date with anything they do so that's a disappointment if that's the case, or even the perception.  Now that an increased fan ownership is unlikely, I think Club 1872 needs to reconsider its role.  There have been some instances where they've put out some good statements and I've really welcomed that.  I'd hope they would focus more on that now.  I'd be very happy if my money was put towards things like this wheelchair access rather than shares, afterall shares will just be diluted continuously anyway whereas giving the fans a comfortable environment could be a legacy.  And while they're at it, maybe they can sort out the pie situation.  Anyone else think we have the worst hot food in world football?  Twenty years ago I thought we had some of the best food around, but it's now inedible.

16 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Can club 1872 not help with this?  That's really disappointing to hear about your experience, and I'd hope that's exactly the type of cause that Club 1872 would want to fight for.

I engaged with Club 1872 way back when they were formed but with all the resignations and infighting etc things just fell by the wayside, they're well aware of the shambles regarding Rangers and wheelchair fans yet they're not inclined to do anything about it.

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

I engaged with Club 1872 way back when they were formed but with all the resignations and infighting etc things just fell by the wayside, they're well aware of the shambles regarding Rangers and wheelchair fans yet they're not inclined to do anything about it.

Frankly, the tale you tell is a bloody disgrace, both on the part of the club and our main supporters organisation. It's now clear, to me at least, that Club1872 is definitely not the answer to the age old representation problem. In fact, setting aside what it derived from Rangers First, it looks increasingly like the impotent failure that the RST used to be.

Everyone Anyone Welcomed By Government

Thursday, 25 July 2019, 12:00

by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS Managing Director Stewart Robertson was delighted to welcome Humza Yousaf, Cabinet Secretary for Justice, to Ibrox Stadium just days after the club launched its Everyone Anyone initiative.

The campaign, which will bring together people from all backgrounds and cultures, has been widely welcomed since its launch at the beginning of this week and during a visit to Ibrox in midweek Mr Yousaf praised the club’s ‘proactive action.’

Mr Yousaf said: “Discrimination and prejudice have no place in society or football. Everyone should be able to enjoy our national sport, regardless of their background.

“There have been long-standing issues in Scottish football and I have emphasised that society as a whole, including those who love our national game, needs to step up.

“I’m therefore pleased to see such positive and proactive action from Rangers to ensure everyone is welcome at Ibrox. I warmly welcome the Everyone Anyone campaign and hope it can help make football more inclusive and diverse.”

Rangers, in collaboration with the Rangers Charity Foundation, is committed to making Ibrox a home for all regardless of their age, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and health. As part of this new strategy a series of events aimed at promoting positive behaviour through championing diversity, tolerance and understanding will be rolled out over the next year as Rangers reaches out to all.

Mr Robertson added: “This project has been a long time in the making but we believe we have the correct strategy and Rangers will be a club open to everyone and anyone.

“We want people to feel safe, welcome and valued when they come to our home and it was a pleasure to be able to share our objectives with the Cabinet Secretary for Justice.

“I believe he was impressed and his support is appreciated because this is an important step which should mean Rangers will play an active, significant and leading role in the local and wider communities.”

spacer.png

Edited by BEARGER

I feel sick at the sight of that photo! Were there no republican marches or gatherings for him to enjoy?

The other part of me wonders why Yousaf was pictured at Ibrox, around about the same time as Cameron writes an article encouraging bears to vote a certain way? (Before I get hammered for the politics thing-it has relevance to the picture).

However, the main point of the diversity thing is a media tuck box. We have known for years how diverse our support was.

Edited by cooponthewing

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

I feel sick at the sight of that photo! Were there no republican marches or gatherings for him to enjoy?

That's so 20th century of you, coop.  We need to welcome our Celtc supporting, Rangers hating fellow compatriots to Ibrox, with open arms and big, cheesy grins.  Love conquers all, man.

:rolleyes: