[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Progrès (Aribo 20; Ojo 53)

Some of our build up play and inter changes is a joy to watch , the midfield 3 swap positions constantly and in Aribo we have an absolute diamond , until the hammer throwers up here get a hold of him .

My initial post re Ojo was possibly a bit harsh , however I will in my defence , show the performances of Halliday  and Jack , their will to win and overall performances were incredible tonight , if Ojo can get a tenth of that desire to win into his game he will be sorted , I just cant stand sand dancers , Ejaria was a bit like that at the start , we cannot carry anyone this season , every player needs to be on it from day 1.

In Europe last year when we defeated Maribor we got seeded , no such luck this year , we will require the gods of fortune to be smiling on us after this next round , should we defeat the Danes .

Not long in from game and disappointed at 2-0 with the chances we had.

Many good performances and some fair to middling but thought Tav was poor tonight not just because he missed penalty.

Jones will have to stop showboating,if he is going to do step-overs he needs to keep control of ball.

As far as MoM agree with Edmonson but ran very close by Jack and Davis.

Result should see us through.

38 minutes ago, rbr said:

Some of our build up play and inter changes is a joy to watch , the midfield 3 swap positions constantly and in Aribo we have an absolute diamond , until the hammer throwers up here get a hold of him .

My initial post re Ojo was possibly a bit harsh , however I will in my defence , show the performances of Halliday  and Jack , their will to win and overall performances were incredible tonight , if Ojo can get a tenth of that desire to win into his game he will be sorted , I just cant stand sand dancers , Ejaria was a bit like that at the start , we cannot carry anyone this season , every player needs to be on it from day 1.

In Europe last year when we defeated Maribor we got seeded , no such luck this year , we will require the gods of fortune to be smiling on us after this next round , should we defeat the Danes .

I haven’t seen all he posts RBS but the goal aside I thought OJO bottled a good few challenges and didn’t look like he could be arsed at various points?

Can anyone tell me why Edmonson got the MOTM? Was I watching something else because I thought he was the weak link and where there chances were coming through? 

We should have smashed them tonight by at least five. Morelos was way off the pace and looked hesitant? I genuinely believe he hinders at times although I’m not questioning his ability. Overall it was a smashing performance and Halliday was excellent too along with Jack. Although, I felt Arib was MOTM for me I thought he had an excellent game.

Hopefully done enough to get the through and tbh we should score over there and make it easier for ourselves?

Edited by cooponthewing

Been at work and didn’t see the game but just saw the Aribo goal. What composure. He’s going to rampage through the SPL and may even prove to be as valuable an asset as Morelos.