[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Progrès (Aribo 20; Ojo 53)

Last night was similar to Sunday's game against Blackburn Rovers. 

On Sunday, we lost shape and organisation because I think, Steve Davis being removed.

Last night, Davis was in part to blame. In a mad minute both he and Goldson played a cross field flick and pass, both intercepted and the ball went out to in twice. Progress played a back six during the second half, with a diamond in front. Waiting and hoping for the misplaced or intercepted pass, the ball quickly went out to either flank, and back in to the running centre. It was the diamond we could not control, hence Halliday making three/four face saving tackles.

Overall, it was positive, an excellent first half. The second period saw a quick goal then a penalty award. The second the ball his the post, the paragraph above became the issue.

Derby will perhaps be the most interesting test to date. Top Championship side who narrowly missed out on promotion and who will presumably be somewhat further ahead in their preparation than Blackburn were.

12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Derby will perhaps be the most interesting test to date. Top Championship side who narrowly missed out on promotion and who will presumably be somewhat further ahead in their preparation than Blackburn were.

Yes Derby were a good ball playing possession side under Lampard and there's no reason to suspect they will be changing styles under Cocu. Will be a good test. 

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

At least you got a £3 juice. The hottest day of the year and the drinks machine in the Copland rear packs in before half time, leaving a lot of thirsty unhappy Bears at half time, myself included!

On such a day it should be mandatory to supply free water. Recently in Holland at a pop festival on a really hot day they started charging 6 euro's for a bottle of water. The Dutch government made it law at such festivals and events they have to supply free water or their licence will be revoked 

23 minutes ago, pete said:

On such a day it should be mandatory to supply free water. Recently in Holland at a pop festival on a really hot day they started charging 6 euro's for a bottle of water. The Dutch government made it law at such festivals and events they have to supply free water or their licence will be revoked 

To be fair my niece has had water from the tap at kiosk before but it’s not advertised. As you say Pete, there should be drinking fountains in the concourse for example or free bottles on days like yesterday.

20 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

To be fair my niece has had water from the tap at kiosk before but it’s not advertised. As you say Pete, there should be drinking fountains in the concourse for example or free bottles on days like yesterday.

No danger I'd take a drink from a drinking fountain in a concourse at any football stadium. The amount of dirty people in this world is frightening. I know your lips dont actually touch the fountain itself but still...?